Photo

Suggestions for Puerto Rico

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Karen

Karen
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

The Lamberts are headed for some much needed R & R in Puerto Rico.

We will be staying in the Rincon area from 1/17 to 1/24. We will be hanging out in Rincon being beach bums for most of the time but plan to go to a local patron saint festival and do a day trip to Old San Juan. Oh and my husband insists we go to a place known as "Pork Rind City". lol. Can you tell Jason loves pork?

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for restaurants or bars or other points of interest in Old San Juan or the Rincon area or neighboring towns.
    <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:12 PM

I know nothing but wanted to say YAY for some R&R! You guys have earned it :o)

#3 Karen

Karen
      • 1,308 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

Oh Jamy you know lots!! lol! Thanks! I can't wait!
        <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#4 Karen

Karen
        • 1,308 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

Okaaaaayyyy......Guess Puerto Rico isn't a popular destination but it should be. Beautiful beaches, aqua water, and inexpensive lodging and dining. I'm so excited...we leave in 6 days. What's also great is that this Carribean location is a US territory. No passports and airfare from NY is cheap! Anyhow, just figured there was someone out there in BDW land that has visited or lived in PR and had a few tips for us. Please share if you do!

#5 starfish kate

starfish kate
          • 455 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

Sorry I can't help, but enjoy your trip!
            Kate

#6 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
            • Banned
            • 381 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

I went to PR for some R&R as well. No real great suggestions as it was REALLY for rest. We did go to one bar - 2 J's. There are a few bars/clubs on the same street. That is where we went to get our boogie on... Sorry I can't be of more help!

#7 Karen

Karen
              • 1,308 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:27 PM

Brandi, did you stay in San Juan? Is thaat where you are talking about?

Guys, don't worry about being of help. I appreciate it. Just wanted to share a little info with everyone about a place Jay and I absolutely love and would love to live someday.

#8 lambert13

lambert13
                • 901 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:31 PM

I would suggest taking your husband to each and every street cart or food stand selling pork products that you see. I have a feeling he would like that.

#9 Karen

Karen
                  • 1,308 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

ha ha ha dear husband. I would suggest buying your wife pretty jewelry and rum punch. lol

#10 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
                    • Banned
                    • 381 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:24 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lucky k72
                      Brandi, did you stay in San Juan? Is thaat where you are talking about?

Guys, don't worry about being of help. I appreciate it. Just wanted to share a little info with everyone about a place Jay and I absolutely love and would love to live someday.
                      Yes, I was in San Juan. Best thing about PR - lots of free rum! At the visitor's bureau thing in San Juan (where the cruises dock) they made drinks, gave sample bottles, and had lots of info!

Have a great trip! I loved PR!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users