• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

I just got back from a friend's wedding on Saturday. It was an amazing wedding. They never dance, so they were really worried about the first dance. The DJ announced their first dance & the song started. After only a minute, he said "another round of applause for the new couple" & faded out the song. It was a great way to get in a first dance that wasn't painful. She was really glad thats how they did it.

They also had the wedding party lined up behind them as they danced. It was fun because we had a good view & it looked nice in pictures.

Click the image to open in full size.
    That's me on the far left

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

Love it! Altho I'm a bit nervous to have our first dance, I want the whole song! Doug and I met well past the HS dance stages in our lives, so the only time we have ever gotten to slow dance was the night of our engagement, at the restaurant.
    I love how you guys were lined up behind the couple, Morgan. it does look great.

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:12 PM

Cute pic! I think that's a nice idea. We like dancing and weren't nervous about it, but we didn't realize how long a song seems when you're dancing to it! We should have asked that they stop it short or something.

I think it was less than 4 minutes but even on the video we always fast forward that part because it's boring....oops did I say that? LOL It's a great song but I think 2 minutes tops would have been enough, we talked through the whole thing anyway!

#4 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

Ohh great idea for those who arent comfortable dancing or with all eyes on them while dancing, yikes!! That pic looks really nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users