Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Maura

Westin Los Cabos brides post here!

Recommended Posts

I think she is totally unable to travel. She will be undergoing tests to see what is going on with it. It does sound they she will have surgery to remove the tumor. She's in a lot of pain because it's pressing against organs.

 

I don't have the ceremony on my work computer, so I'll post it tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westin brides, any updates?

 

we've requested a tres leches cake instead of the options that they gave us. we also chose a DJ, which ended up not being the DJ they wanted us to use.

 

stephanie's wedding is this coming saturday, i cant wait til she gets back to let us know how everything went!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you getting your cake through the westin Maura?

 

What is tres leches? Sorry don't knwo much about cakes.

 

Can't wait to get a review from Stephanie!!!!

 

I'm waiting on charger plate prices and lounge furniture prices.

Are you having live music at all? if so, how much? $?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassybride View Post
Are you getting your cake through the westin Maura?

What is tres leches? Sorry don't knwo much about cakes.

Can't wait to get a review from Stephanie!!!!

I'm waiting on charger plate prices and lounge furniture prices.
Are you having live music at all? if so, how much? $?
i am asking the westin if they can even do a tres leches cake and then if so, what it costs. if its too expensive i will contact some local bakeries for a better price.

look up tres leches cake on google. its a traditional cake that comes from mexico. there are three layers and each layer of cake is soaked in a different kind of milk (condensed, etc).

no i am not having live music at all because you are required to contract all live musicians through the westin and they want to charge a shit ton of money for it. we're using a DJ for everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
i am asking the westin if they can even do a tres leches cake and then if so, what it costs. if its too expensive i will contact some local bakeries for a better price.

look up tres leches cake on google. its a traditional cake that comes from mexico. there are three layers and each layer of cake is soaked in a different kind of milk (condensed, etc).

no i am not having live music at all because you are required to contract all live musicians through the westin and they want to charge a shit ton of money for it. we're using a DJ for everything.
We are getting our cake though the Westin ( cheaper) I forget the exact price but around the 3$ a person..they wanted to charge me a cutting fee if I got it outside so getting it at the westin was cheaper for us.

I don't think we will have live music either - what a rip off. How many hours are you having your DJ for and who are you using again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's the email i just got from my planner. this is a really expensive price for the cake considering that we were only using it to cut for photos and for us to eat, not to share with our guests since they will each get individual desserts:

 

I checked with the chef and he said is possible to prepare this cake is laborious but yes, we can provided this for your wedding. Just a few comments

 

1) For the purpose you need it, it would work better a 3 tiers cake. So as you know as per your e-mail below, it would be a little bit smaller. Tres Leches flavor is not a problem and guys here prepare this type of cake delicious.

 

2) Option 1

 

If the Cake is part of your 3 courses dinner and we prepare the roses with sugar, the total additional surcharge would be $250 USD + Tax and Service. We would need to invest a lot of time to produce them.

 

3) Option 2

 

If the Cake is part of your 3 courses dinner and we provide natural fresh roses, the total additional surcharge would be $180 USD + Tax and Service (roses included)

 

4) Option 3

 

If the Cake is additional to your 3 courses dinner and we provide either option 1 or 2, the additional charge for the extra course would be $9.00 USD + Tax and Service.

 

as for the DJ, we are using adan mijares and having him for 5.5 hours

 

if i were you i'd check out ron webber though - jackie just used him and said he was great, priced nicely and speaks english (he is an american)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Westin Brides,

Just wondering if you were informed this week that the main infinity pool will be closed for the the next "few weeks" due to a leak. This has also caused them to close La Playa resyaurant, where my reception dinner was supposed to be held. They have moved me to a terrace, which I am fine with. However, my fiance is freaking over the pool issue since it was their largest and now may cause crowding, as well as an eye sore.

Did anyone know about this abd if so, for how long?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
here's the email i just got from my planner. this is a really expensive price for the cake considering that we were only using it to cut for photos and for us to eat, not to share with our guests since they will each get individual desserts:

I checked with the chef and he said is possible to prepare this cake is laborious but yes, we can provided this for your wedding. Just a few comments

1) For the purpose you need it, it would work better a 3 tiers cake. So as you know as per your e-mail below, it would be a little bit smaller. Tres Leches flavor is not a problem and guys here prepare this type of cake delicious.

2) Option 1

If the Cake is part of your 3 courses dinner and we prepare the roses with sugar, the total additional surcharge would be $250 USD + Tax and Service. We would need to invest a lot of time to produce them.

3) Option 2

If the Cake is part of your 3 courses dinner and we provide natural fresh roses, the total additional surcharge would be $180 USD + Tax and Service (roses included)

4) Option 3

If the Cake is additional to your 3 courses dinner and we provide either option 1 or 2, the additional charge for the extra course would be $9.00 USD + Tax and Service.

as for the DJ, we are using adan mijares and having him for 5.5 hours

if i were you i'd check out ron webber though - jackie just used him and said he was great, priced nicely and speaks english (he is an american)
Thanks for the info Maura. We have booked DJ ricardo and we are paying $3.50 /per person for the 3 tier cake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshortzie View Post
Hey Westin Brides,
Just wondering if you were informed this week that the main infinity pool will be closed for the the next "few weeks" due to a leak. This has also caused them to close La Playa resyaurant, where my reception dinner was supposed to be held. They have moved me to a terrace, which I am fine with. However, my fiance is freaking over the pool issue since it was their largest and now may cause crowding, as well as an eye sore.
Did anyone know about this abd if so, for how long?
That's a bummer! I think the terrace is nice though. Do you know which one? Is it beside a pool? I'm having my reception at the terrace that's beside one of the pools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot the name of the terrace but it starts with a B. You have to go through the hotel and up the elevator to get there. It looks pretty in the picture. I just wasn't expecting all of this 2 weeks before the big day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×