Westin Los Cabos brides post here!

Maura

Maura,

Forgive me but as a "Newbi", I am unsure of what "pm" is. Can you let me know. I would love to see the list from the salon you are using.

I think in general, it seems to take some time for them to get back to all of us. Lorena has been pretty good and only disappeared once for about a 2 week period. I was stressin' when I couldn't get a hold of her. Are you having a hair trial done or just bringing pictures?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshortzie View Post
Maura,
Forgive me but as a "Newbi", I am unsure of what "pm" is. Can you let me know. I would love to see the list from the salon you are using.

I think in general, it seems to take some time for them to get back to all of us. Lorena has been pretty good and only disappeared once for about a 2 week period. I was stressin' when I couldn't get a hold of her. Are you having a hair trial done or just bringing pictures?
sorry, a private message. click my user name and youll see the option pop up on a menu.

or you can email me directly with your email address at mauracwall at gmail dot com and ill reply with the attachments

Maura,

Not hearing back from Maira for 8 weeks is completely unacceptable! Oh my, I think you should absolutely demand someone new, but I'm not sure how many other people are left. Maybe you should ask for Lorena, she certainly has gotten back to me. Please let us know what happens!

wtf.gif

Quote:
Stephanie-
I find it funny that you were quoted $5 a person for cake. I was quoted $8! I have to find out about that one...

Barrie
Hi Barrie,

What kind of cake are you having? We are only having a 2-tiered cake with buttercream. I'm definitely taking the email down with me with my quote just in case. I plan on taking all my emails down there with me. I totally want a cake because I have been craving cake since I started looking at cakes. I think I"m one of the few that likes buttercream frosting.smile159.gif

Let me know what Lorena says when you talk to her.

I still don't know what I"m going to do about my hair. I might email Mexsun and get pricing, but I'm not sure if they work on Sunday, but it's something I need to find out. If they don't work on Sunday, I might have to use the Westin salon because I'm kind of out of options.smile124.gif

WE have a big wedding planning weekend this weekend planned. We have a lot to do, and time is running out. I'm starting to freak out a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marip123 View Post
Maura,

Not hearing back from Maira for 8 weeks is completely unacceptable! Oh my, I think you should absolutely demand someone new, but I'm not sure how many other people are left. Maybe you should ask for Lorena, she certainly has gotten back to me. Please let us know what happens!
wtf.gif
i asked karina whether i could have lorena or not, and lorena is planning a wedding that is on the 6th of august, which is the day i arrive. so she didnt want to give me someone who might not be able to give me 100% of her attention for 100% of the time im there and then of course juggling the planning with the other wedding, which i appreciated. i said i would give maira another chance, and maira called me this afternoon and told me she was sorry. she explained also that jose's mom did not want me to see any price lists because she didnt want me to worry about what the wedding was costing, which i think is sweet of his mom.

what annoys me is that she told me that she was waiting for us to send her a list of what my vision was for the wedding... which im sorry thats stupid, because we asked for a list of options so we knew what the choices were. i know that flowers are limited in cabo in terms of colors and species depending on the time of year, so why would i go thru all the trouble of coming up with a vision that is not even feasible... i dunno, that really irritated me. its not just the flowers, its the dj, everything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marip123 View Post
I still don't know what I"m going to do about my hair. I might email Mexsun and get pricing, but I'm not sure if they work on Sunday, but it's something I need to find out. If they don't work on Sunday, I might have to use the Westin salon because I'm kind of out of options.smile124.gif

WE have a big wedding planning weekend this weekend planned. We have a lot to do, and time is running out. I'm starting to freak out a bit!
you should email kelli castineiras right away about that. the price for them to come to the hotel plus tax and mandatory included gratuity is $128 for bridal hair only, or $225 for hair AND makeup (incl tax and tip). send me your email and ill give you the full price list for the outcall service.

Hi Maura,

I just tried to email you, but our computer is old and is needing a break. So, we're going to have some dinner and I'll email you when I get back. I'm going to send you the attachment that was sent to me about what the Westin offers. I'm not sure if you ever received it.

I am having a 3 tier chocolate cake with berry filling. Maybe that's why its higher but I will email Lorena.

Lorena always asks what I envision or what I want and then she will find it. I guess she doesn't understand that sometimes price dictates decisions and I too would rather see some options to choose from. I tis definitely tough planning a wedding in Mexico over email from NJ.

I have to figure out the hair and makeup as well. Did you really hear bad reviews about the Westin salon?

Quote:
I have to figure out the hair and makeup as well. Did you really hear bad reviews about the Westin salon?
go back and read some past postings on this thread, i posted someone else's review of the salon. i'm emailing you the 2 pricelists for mexsun right now, the one in US dollars is the prices for them to come to the hotel, the one in pesos is if you go to the salon. supposedly the salon is 10 mins from the westin. i just dont want to deal with driving there and back since i'm on a pretty tight time schedule on the wedding day, and the only BM who wants their hair & makeup done is my FSIL. im not having my makeup done because i dont really normally wear makeup and im afraid they will put too much on me no matter what i say, so my best friend will do my makeup with the amount im comfortable wearing so that it looks natural.

I had contacted the mariachi trio that was listed on previous threads:

Mariachi Los Cabos Internacional

mariachiloscabosi@hotmail.com

When he gave me the quote of $350, I emailed him back and said a fellow bride was recently quoted $150. He told me the prices have been the same since last year and $150 would be for 1/2 hour or so which they do not contract for. So, I guess I am sticking with my IPOD plan. We are getting a rechargable, cordless player so we don't have to deal with a plug. When I asked Lorena how much an extension chord would be, she quoted it for over $200. Can you believe it- for a flippin' extension chord!rant.gif

They get you for everything...