Isn't this Las Caletas???

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:38 AM

So I'm vacation planning and found this place in Negril. I click on weddings because I'm nosey, and look what photo they have as an example:

Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the site:
    N I R V A N A * on * the * beach...

Isn't that the exact same pic that is (or was) on the Vallarta Adventures site?

I remember the couple plus that looks like my wedding...ROFL!

Am I wrong or how shady is that?

#2 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
    • 413 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:36 AM

That is the EXACT Same photo from the LC weddings site!!!!!!! They totally stole it!

#3 MelissaH

MelissaH
      • 1,724 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:38 PM

If they're the same resort chain a lot of times they will use standard/stock photos like that.

While me & my girlfriends were looking for somewhere to go this month we came across a lot of that!

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:44 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MelissaH
          If they're the same resort chain a lot of times they will use standard/stock photos like that.

While me & my girlfriends were looking for somewhere to go this month we came across a lot of that!
          Caletas isn't at all a chain though, it's not even a "place" you'd vacation - it's a beach! lol How strange, i totally remember that picture!

#5 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:09 PM

Wow, that is so crazy!

#6 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
            • VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:25 PM

It's a stock photo then... companies can use whatever images they want for marketing, as long as they purchase the images.

Think about how many company websites you visit where it has a picture of the beautiful, happy employee who dresses oh-so professionally and always has a smile on their face with an upscale looking decor to the background. Then, when you call their customer service, it's been outsourced to the middle east....

same thing applies with weddings/vendors/venues...

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

I think Jamy's point was that actually IS caletas, or at least appears to be. All of the details are exactly as they were for all of our weddings ... I know many companies use stock photos or actors for marketing.

#8 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

I am so happy that we have had so many actual LC weddings with pics, so we know that pic is the real deal.

I guess we could think of it as flattery, since Las Caletas is the best place in the world!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by yari2566
                    I am so happy that we have had so many actual LC weddings with pics, so we know that pic is the real deal.

I guess we could think of it as flattery, since Las Caletas is the best place in the world!
                    lol - exactly! who wouldn't want to use their pics!

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

That's no stock photo! I'm quite sure LC wouldn't sell their pics for other venues to use as theirs, I think they are too protective of what they have to do that.

It bothers me because this is another legitimate (I think?) business. Shoot the resort has top ratings on Trip Advisor, that's how I found the site in the first place!

If it were a personal website and the pics were decoration it would be one thing, but to advertise weddings and put a pic of another country....that's like the Plaza Hotel in New York saying "we do weddings here" and putting a picture of a wedding at the Hyatt in New Orleans.....wtf?

I think I'll email Nicole for kicks :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users