Sign in to follow this  
Ali0624

Wedding Decor

For those of you that haven't been to Cabo - it's pitch black at night. The more candles you can incorporate the better (unless the area at your hotel is well lit).

Ask the hotel about the centerpieces that they already have. For instance, at CDM, they have a dinner on the beach every night unless they have a wedding. They always put out these really cute lantern things. We didn't use them as they didn't go with the decor, but we could have built something around them.

Tip re: getting many boxes through customs... There are guys that walk around with carts in the area where you pick up luggage before you go through customs. Pay them $50 and they will get all your boxes through without hassle. We told them that we had stuff in them for our wedding favors (our family had 11 boxes!). We overheard the cart guy tell the customs guy - "they're toys and stuff for a wedding." The customs guy said, "So, the value is, what, $200" and he said, "Yeah - $200, $250..." That was it - no hassle, no opening boxes, etc.

Great customs tip Natasha!

Orange and fuschia daisies could be really pretty! I think this weekend I need to go and buy different things (flowers, fruit, etc.) and put something together. I feel like if I'm creative I can come up wioth something beautiful AND cost effective!

Natasha - do you think tiki torchers could work to bring light in? I think I'm going to have these, candles, and those candles in paperbags (do you know what I mean?)

Candles are great and the paper bag candles to frame pathways are beautiful too.

We used tiki torches - but you need to have some distance between them and where your guests will be as they emit fumes that don't smell too great.

I agree about incorporating the center pieces that the restaurant already has, the two places by the beach at the Sheraton both have candles, I was going to rent some from Maye, but since they have some I'm just going to work with what they have, no need spending the extra money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
I love Janet's centerpieces. What would you guys do for our color scheme? It's red and turquoise/aqua.

Thanks - Kate
Pier One has faux coral in bronze that can easily be spray painted
Wrap glass vases in red vellum/tissue paper for a really inexpensive luminarie/centerpiece. Or fill with dendrobium orchids.
Red votives are a must!!

That's going to be soooo pretty, I can't wait to see your pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMO View Post
Pier One has faux coral in bronze that can easily be spray painted
Wrap glass vases in red vellum/tissue paper for a really inexpensive luminarie/centerpiece. Or fill with dendrobium orchids.
Red votives are a must!!

That's going to be soooo pretty, I can't wait to see your pics.
Thanks! We found cute placemats at ZGallerie for about $6 each. We are going to see if we can find cheap coral down there during our site visit. If not it's easy to find here. Then we'll slap down a small vase of maybe 4 roses and votives. Hopefully it will be around $20 - $25 a table.