Photo

Capri pants for men??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

My FI wants to wear capris for our wedding! I'm not thrilled about the idea but if we can find some nice ones and a nice shirt to go with it then maybe once I see the outfit come together I will feel better about it.

I was looking at Banana Republic but can't find what we're looking for. Either that or he will wear linen pants.

We are having a pretty informal wedding. This is the dress I'm going to try on not next weekend but the next. I live away from my family and friends so I haven't been able to try on dresses yet = ( That and we just started planning this wedding 1 month ago.

David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns VW9146 Chiffon gown with pleated bust, empire waist, and tie back.
    This dress is just what I want, light and flowy and a little sexy = ) I think it's perfect for a DW!

Anyways, back on topic .... I think FI can get away with wearing capri's if we can find some that are semi dressy Does anyone have any suggestions?
    HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
    http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

hmm I would have never thought about it, and I don't think my DH or any of his groomsmen would have done it. Why not just wait until spring and get a nice linen pant for him
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

I agree - wait and get him linen pants. They will be so much cooler to wear (temp wise). Plus, most guy capris are cargo-like so they always look casual. I just think that if he wears capris that in 40 years when you look back at your pics he'll be like "why did I wear those pants?" bc they are fairly trendy.

#4 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
      • 794 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

hahaha I agree and that's what I thought when he told me! I laughed out loud when he told me he wanted to wear capri's but I thought I would let him try. I just showed him a pair of linen pants online and he likes that idea too. Spring line will be coming out soon and I love to shop so I will drag him to the mall to try linen pants on.

#5 LisaG

LisaG
        • VIP Member
        • 7,839 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

I think it's a cute idea!! I suggested them to my DH but he was against it :)

Love the dress BTW....that's the one I wore very nice and flowy!!

#6 TammyDez

TammyDez
          • 146 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

I wanted the grooms men to wear floods (little longer then a Capri.) My FI laughed at me and said his guys would never but I though it would look nice if the guys are barefoot on the beach. Any way there is a web site international male that has lots of great stuff like linen pants exc. Good luck choosing!

#7 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
            • 794 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:53 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LisaG
              I think it's a cute idea!! I suggested them to my DH but he was against it :)

Love the dress BTW....that's the one I wore very nice and flowy!!
              Oh really?! If he can pull them off then I will allow it = ) We will be barefoot so maybe it will look good.

I LOVE that dress = ) Were you nice and comfy wearing it? I want something light and comfortable!

#8 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
              • 794 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:54 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TammyDez
                I wanted the grooms men to wear floods (little longer then a Capri.) My FI laughed at me and said his guys would never but I though it would look nice if the guys are barefoot on the beach. Any way there is a web site international male that has lots of great stuff like linen pants exc. Good luck choosing!

Oh yea, floods! That's the word I was looking for or pedal pushers = ) There are so many different terms but yes I like the longer ones. I just took a peek at the international male website and they have some great stuff. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users