• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:20 AM

I have mixed feelings about this...

My FH and I are thinking about using a "fake" ring at our ceremony so we don't have to take my real set. We are going to use his real wedding band because it was realatively inexpensive (at least compared to mine).

My set is a very simple solitaire and eternity band. I happened to find almost the exact same set at Macys. I went ahead and bought it so I don't have to travel with mine and worry about theft, loss, damage.

So, on the one hand it's not a bad idea, but I also want to get married with my ring.

Any thoughts? Feel free to tell me if I'm over analyzing. I tend to do that!

#2 Jones4Me

• Banned
    • 381 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:26 AM

I totally get the worries about theft and such. But, I just can't imagine not having my ring be the one that the minister prays over. How long will you be there before the wedding? Because once you are married, you can keep it on and not worry about theft. What about wearing it on your right hand from when you arrive until the ceremony? I wouldn't want to do that - but it wouldn't be left in the room that way.....

#3 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 02:28 AM

Exactly! We'll arrive on Monday and not get married until Saturday. I don't want it to get dirty from the beach, suntan lotion, etc before the wedding. Our suite has a safe but I'm still paranoid!

#4 -Kate-

• VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:22 AM

I just kept ours with me at all times before the wedding. I left them in the boxes and just kept them in my bag. I never went anywhere without a purse or my pool bag. Worked for me!

#5 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

If you are worried about it I would suggest looking into having the real rings blessed once you get back home. This way you don't have to stress about leaving them at home and yet they will be blessed later.

#6 becks

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

Funny. My FI told me in no uncertain terms that my engagement ring would not be coming with us to our wedding. I get his point, but I WANT my ring there!!!

In the end, I'll probably go with a set of fakes. Honestly, if anything were to happen to the real one, I'd probably die crying, so ultimately its better with the fakes.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#7 Christine

• VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

hmm I took mine, but on our honeymoon in Jamaica the only time I took it off was during my two spa visits and we had to leave our rings in the safe and they were fine.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 Yari

• VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

Gosh, I haven't thought about it...not sure what I will do. I can't imagine getting married without my actual rings.

#9 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:34 AM

We're bringing ours. My rings would be really hard to find in fake (they have sapphires) and I can't imagine getting married without them. We'll use the safe in our room, and probably will carve out a book or something inconspicous to hide things in. Our rings are insured, so as much as I'd hate to have them stolen or lost, at least we are covered...

#10 michelle08

• VIP Member
                • 2,702 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:26 AM

Do you guys have insurance on your rings? Not just what is covered by your homeowners insurance, but a separate rider for jewelry/personal articles? This coverage will most always cover out of the country and then you won't have to worry about fake rings!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users