Help needed choosing a dress!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

At this point in time I have it narrowed down to 2 dresses (who knows... it may change again as I still have a year to go). Please let me know what you think... any comments/thoughts/preferences would be great! I think I am leaning towards the 1st one... I love the extra details and the back. But it costs a substantial bit more and there is something about the 2nd one that I like but can't put my finger on. I have been asking for opinions from fam/friends and its pretty much split 50/50... ah I'm too indecisive. Anyways... tell me what you think! Thanks

Dress 1: Maggie Sottero Treasure
    Click the image to open in full size.-Train:
    Click the image to open in full size.
    The dress in store was too big... so no good pictures. It's a fun lace-up, corset type

Dress 2: Gallina from DB
    -Front: (we added the pink ribbon which would match the BM... it'll be tacked better if we go with it)

#2 Leia78

• VIP Member
    • 2,459 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:00 PM

I think I like the second one...it's more simple...it actually kinda looks like mine. So I may be biased!

#3 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

I think I like the first one better - the second one is pretty, but the first one looks like it fits you like a glove - very flattering!

#4 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

They are both beautiful, but I like the fit of the 2nd one. But I think it would look better with a thicker sash??

#5 newfiebride

• 196 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

Hard choice, but i think the first one fits you nicer

#6 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

i picked the 1st one - it is so flattering and looks like it was made for you!

#7 sohappy

• 260 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

I vote for dress#1. What style are you going for? Dress #2 to me is simple and elegant. Dress #1 stands out a little more. The first dress complements you well.

#8 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,193 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

A tough choice as both dresses are really pretty. But, I think dress #1 gets my vote. I love the detail & it looks amazing on you!

If you really love it but the price is holding you back, how about trying to wait for a sample sale? Since you have a year to go I'm thinking that its very likely to be on sale at some point. A dress that I was interested in was in the designers Fall 2006 collection & was part of a sample sale this past summer. It was half off!!!!

#9 Spazz

• VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

I like them both, but #2 better. I was looking at that one at DB (after I already bought mine)...love it!

#10 CarrieRN

• 815 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:07 PM

I love that first one! It looks gorgeous on you and the lace and detail on the gown are fab.
                      Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                      Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users