Photo

WARNING about SUNSET DA MONA LISA

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Denise40

Denise40
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

We had our reception dinner there and it was beautiful. We seen where they set up for the weddings and it is beautiful. Good luck with your planning.

#22 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
    • 714 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

Final update: Even though we disputed this amount with credit card company, there was nothing our cc can do because Jed signed the cc bill. We were too tired after our wedding and we were feeling embarassed in front of guests disputing the charges that he decided to sign the bill anyway. Regarding vendors not being given their food, SML said vendors should have complained that night. So no credits were given.

Shady SML management! Be very very careful!

#23 KLC77

KLC77
      • 2,207 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jtds2713
        Final update: Even though we disputed this amount with credit card company, there was nothing our cc can do because Jed signed the cc bill. We were too tired after our wedding and we were feeling embarassed in front of guests disputing the charges that he decided to sign the bill anyway. Regarding vendors not being given their food, SML said vendors should have complained that night. So no credits were given.

Shady SML management! Be very very careful!
        Wow, I can't believe that nothing could be done about this. What a sucky thing to have happen. Its insane that they overcharged you so much. Were you ever able to get back in touch with them directly regarding the charges or did the cc company just handle it?
        ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#24 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
        • 714 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:10 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KLC77
          Wow, I can't believe that nothing could be done about this. What a sucky thing to have happen. Its insane that they overcharged you so much. Were you ever able to get back in touch with them directly regarding the charges or did the cc company just handle it?
          Since we disputed the charges with credit card company, we let them handle it. We also found out that it is more difficult if one disputes a charge from another country. Our credit card was not going to fight for this and we are ultimately responsible if we would like to pursue further actions. We are still deciding if it would be worth it to file a case against them considering lawyer's fees and all. Plus we did sign the bill so it weakens our case. This is a hard lesson for us that we have learned. So I am sharing this experience with you all so it doesn't happen to you. Be very careful with paying for drinks per consumption.

#25 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:13 AM

wow jess, i cant believe it. i thought for sure the outcome would be different!

good to see you around again!

#26 wati0103

wati0103
          • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:00 AM

Very helpful information. I will definitely be on guard when dealing with this location. Thanks for the honest feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users