Photo

My first time dress shopping

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 babycow

babycow
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

I'm going dress shopping tomorrow morning at Davids Bridal with my FMIL and possibly with my FSIL. I am really nervous about trying on dresses and not being able to dicide on one. Wish me luck. I will report more tomorrow. Hopefully I remember to bring a camera.
    http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
    Erica and Tim
    Dreams Tulum
    Mexico
    May 17, 2008

#2 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

Good luck! Remember you don't have to find "The one" tomorrow so don't make yourself like something if it isn't working. I went to 3 stores before I found mine. Yet some girls found theirs right away. Have fun and remember to eat something before.

#3 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:39 AM

Well have fun! Yeah, def don't stress about finding the one on your first outing. Do you have an idea of the type of dresses you'd like to try on? It always helps to have that narrowed down a bit to give the salon lady some direction.

Well - just enjoy!!

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

Have a good time! Don't stress!
          The only thing we ask is REMEMBER YOUR CAMERA...haha!

#5 Martha

Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:07 AM

I am going tomorrow too! Good luck to you!

#6 Jenn

Jenn
            • 1,557 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:44 AM

Have fun and don't stress! It should be a fun experience :)

#7 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

How did it go? I was super nervous my first time too - I put it off as long as my mom would let me! But I had fun - I think mostly because I went to the right place.

So, how did your trip go? Find anything?

#8 babycow

babycow
                • 367 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by tvt
                  How did it go? I was super nervous my first time too - I put it off as long as my mom would let me! But I had fun - I think mostly because I went to the right place.

So, how did your trip go? Find anything?
                  It went much better than I expected and I thinnk it had everything to do with the person helping me. She was great and felt like she was really interested in my personal wedding story and in helping me find the right dress. My FMIL was great too and was very helpful in knowing how much cleaveage was too much, lol!
                  I freaked out a little bit because I couldn't find my camera when we got there. I made sure to put it in my purse but when I took out my shoes, it fell out and got burried under my clothes on the floor. I almost didn't get any pictures at all. I ended up finding it when I had narrowed it down to two dresses, oh and after my FMIL bought a disposable one. It was very helpful to look at the dresses in the pictures before deciding. I did end up finding a dress and buying it on the spot- I posted pics in another thread.
                  http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
                  Erica and Tim
                  Dreams Tulum
                  Mexico
                  May 17, 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users