• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Cherie

Cherie
  • 83 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:53 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stei0419
    Do you know if it's easy enough to switch locations-to another Sandals-once you are there? The more I think about it, my FI might not like this very much and that wouldn't be good for our HM!!!
    You would probably have to ask your travel agent about that. You never know what may happen by the time you go. Your honeymoon is about three months away, and it's possible the nightlife may pick up. Maybe talk to someone who's been during that time of year?

Cheers,
    Cherie

#12 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

Hi Cherie! Did you still enjoy your honeymoon despite the lack of nightlife? What did you think of Sandals overall? We have our honeymoon booked at Sandals Royal Caribbean, and the more I read reviews, I almost wish we were staying at the Riu Ocho Rios for our entire two weeks... but I still think a change in scenery will be good....
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#13 Cherie

Cherie
      • 83 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jmhein
        Hi Cherie! Did you still enjoy your honeymoon despite the lack of nightlife? What did you think of Sandals overall? We have our honeymoon booked at Sandals Royal Caribbean, and the more I read reviews, I almost wish we were staying at the Riu Ocho Rios for our entire two weeks... but I still think a change in scenery will be good....
        I did enjoy our honeymoon...really, how can you not?! We were in Jamaica!! I was a little stressed all week because I decided to get my scuba diver certification. It was too good a deal to pass up on, and I would rather do it in warm water than in Alberta!! Therefore I was reading my diver manual most of the week trying to get ready for the final exam!! LOL..it was pretty funny to be doing that on my honeymoon :)
        I have to admit that I did miss the RIU though. Maybe the Royal Caribbean will be different than the Whitehouse.

#14 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:50 PM

Well, there was a mixup with our booking and we ended up being bumped to the Sandals Whitehouse! It was very nice, we had a very relaxing time after such a whirlwind week at the Riu Ocho Rios. They are very different resorts, and I have to say the Riu Ocho Rios was more fun!
          But Sandals Whitehouse is nice in that you get totally pampered, the service is just excellent.
          We never did check out the disco but we enjoyed the outdoor entertainment on several nights, they had one awesome outdoor cabaret performance by a singer from NYC - Cassanda Kubinski - and she was in her 20's so we ended up drinking with her and her boyfriend and some other couples our age! It was fun! Another night we hung out at the martini bar, and another night we watched Jamaican Elvis perform! There is lots to do, but it is a different vibe... I think you WILL enjoy yourself, and the service is top-notch, but if you really want a lot of disco-type nightlife, this isn't the place....
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

#15 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:53 PM

Here are some pics from my Facebook of Sandals Whitehouse:
            Janelle Hein's Photos | Facebook

#16 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
            • 5,681 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:53 PM

I have stayed there too! See my pictures in this thread http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t10274 Hope this helps!

#17 Lindzg1984

Lindzg1984
              • Banned
              • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

Sarah,
                It is very easy to switch locations. Trust me I have done this three times. My TA is probably hating me.

#18 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by stei0419
                  Do you know if it's easy enough to switch locations-to another Sandals-once you are there? The more I think about it, my FI might not like this very much and that wouldn't be good for our HM!!!
                  We're wedding date twins! We're getting married at the RIU Ocho Rios and staying there for a total of 10 days. Then we're going to the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios for 4 days. I have heard that the Sandals Whitehouse is amazing, but somewhat secluded. We chose SGOR b/c it is closer to the town and I'm hoping there is more to do and more people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users