Photo

SeaGrape Reception Anyone???

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 KtownBride

KtownBride
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

Hi All Brides!!! Anyone having or had their reception at the Seagrape on the beach?? I thought it would be a great place, as it is outside, and on the beach. However - the pictures I have seen - seem to be very small, and very little chairs and tables. Can this place be decorated up to look nice? I'm having second thoughts!!!! Where will me guests (45 ppl) sit and mingle

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

I'm having she talks about it: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t11534
      I haven't heard of anyone having their reception there though...sorry!

#3 junebride2b

junebride2b
      • 81 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:01 PM

I booked it for my after dinner reception. So that we can dance and hang out but not eat?

#4 KtownBride

KtownBride
        • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:59 AM

What were you thinking of using for decoration?

#5 junebride2b

junebride2b
          • 81 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:30 PM

As far as decorations..I am not sure?? I will probably move that table decorations and flowers I use from Mammee Bay..but haven't decided exactly what those are yet.

#6 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
            • 220 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:51 PM

I am also thinking about having our dinner there after we get married. The prices seem good but I don't know if it's right in the way where people will be walking around. I asked Chandlyn to send me some pic's and if/once she does I will post them.

#7 leslie

leslie
              • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by junebride2b
                I booked it for my after dinner reception. So that we can dance and hang out but not eat?
                Thats sounds great, we were looking for an option like that other than the disco but haven't found much info...how much is it to reserve seagrape and are you booking any dj's or live music there? Thanks for any info!

#8 leslie

leslie
                • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MoWife
                  Seagrape costs $10.00 per person for open bar. For entertainment, we just used our i-Pod and speakers and it worked out great. We were there for our Welcome Party the night before the wedding from 8-10pm. Not too many other people came down on the beach where we were. We hung a big banner that said Mo and Tim Welcome You To Jamaica so I think the few people that were down on the beach realized it was a private party and just kept on walking.
                  Thanks Mo! I think we'll do that after our reception dinner instead of the disco.

#9 KtownBride

KtownBride
                  • 39 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by leslie
                    Thats sounds great, we were looking for an option like that other than the disco but haven't found much info...how much is it to reserve seagrape and are you booking any dj's or live music there? Thanks for any info!
                    We have hired a DJ for the 8-11 pm reception @ $150 per hour. Looks like we'll be dancing in the sand, but what the heck!, its Jamaica!

#10 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
                    • 489 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:43 AM

I have another question. If I bring my own music (ipod) do we need to bring our speakers or is it something we can have there?
                      http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users