I am livid

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

I am home sick today about half the people I work with insist on coming in & spreading their nasty sickness germs all over the place. Well, I finally got it. And I'm miserable.

Anyway, I called my boss this morning at 7 to let him know I would not be coming in. I specifically mentioned to our Supply Chain Manager to call me if I needed to be involved in the 11am annual inventory prep meeting. Yeah, we are supposed to work this weekend to do freaking inventory. It was planned for 8-5 Saturday and Sunday if necessary.

I just got a phone call to inform me that they are starting at 5am tomorrow. WHAT? I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no way I can even pretend that I can get up in time to get there that early with the way I am feeling.

Here's my favorite part. YOu know why they are doing this? So that they can be done in time to watch the fucking Seahawks game. I was told they took a vote. I am beyond pissed. And beyond sick.

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

that SUCKS! what are you going to do ?

#3 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

I don't know! I really don't think there is any way I can get there at that time, and you know what, I am sick! I'm not going to make myself sicker because a bunch of a-holes want to watch a freaking football game. My role in the process is that of auditor anyway. So as far as I'm concerned, they can start their counting at 5 and I'll start auditing at 8. I am just so pissed I could scream &/or cry right now.

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:44 PM

i agree, a football game - seriously DVR it losers!!!!!!!

since you already agreed to work that is what it is but i defiitely don't think you should get up at 4 or 4:30 in the AM to get in at 5 WTF?

#5 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

Yeah well, I didn't really "agree" to anything - I was told I had to be there just like every one els. They get what they get. It was my boss' stupid choice to keep sick people at work, so now he has another sicky who doesn't get up at 4 am on Saturdays.

#6 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:59 PM

that stinks! If it were me and I absolutely had to go in, I'd be passive-aggressive and really play up the sickness big time hoping for sympathy even knowing there would probably be none.

I hate when people go to work sick and get everyone else sick....we deserve time to rest and re-coup.
              My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
              Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#7 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
              • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:00 PM

Forgot to mention..... I hope you feel better soon!!
                My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#8 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

Thanks Jessalyn :) Long time no see!

Oh yeah, you bet, they are going to get a really bitchy moody sick person all day tomorrow. As far as I'm concerned they can all just bite it.

#9 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
                  • 1,798 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

Yes, let them "bite it".
                    Hope you are feeling better soon. Maybe you should open a kissing booth tomorrow morning and tell your boss if you don't have $500 in kiss money by 5:15 you are out the door because if no one will kiss you than you MUST be too sick to be there.

#10 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

I must admit I'm one of those douche bags that show up sick. I don't know if I was programmed to be anal retentive, but I feel horrible when I call in sick. Even when I'm really sick. I just feel so guilty, like I'm a horrible employee.

Anyways, sorry you got sick. I'll try to keep you in mind next time I have the urge to drag my butt into work when I have a cold.

You can't call in sick tomorrow? What's the repercussions of that?
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users