Photo

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 stei0419

stei0419
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

Hi all,

I just found this site, wish it had been earlier as I've seen a lot of people picked Ochos Rios over Negril...

I am getting married in Negril, at the Riu Negril, on May 16, 2008, it's coming up fast!!!

#2 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
    • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:29 PM

Welcome!! Let us know if we can help you with anything!
      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#3 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
      • Banned
      • 381 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

to the forum!

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

Then it's a good thing that you picked Negril, since there are so many people who want as much info as they can get on lots of places! You can add some good input! Welcome!

#5 royfa

royfa
        • 2,201 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:09 PM

Welcome to the forum!
          Fannie & Pierre

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

welcome to the forum

#7 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

to the forum! We're getting married on the same day!!!! But I'll be at the RIU in Ocho Rios. Let us know how we can help you plan!

#8 stei0419

stei0419
              • 63 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

Hey Lizz, that's crazy we're getting married on the same day! So, you're the one that had my spot booked at ROR- JUST KIDDING!! We looked there too, but it was full that weekend.

So my only question is do I really have to wait until a month before to plan all the details? That seems crazy to me and I think I might go insane before that!

#9 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by stei0419
                  Hey Lizz, that's crazy we're getting married on the same day! So, you're the one that had my spot booked at ROR- JUST KIDDING!! We looked there too, but it was full that weekend.

So my only question is do I really have to wait until a month before to plan all the details? That seems crazy to me and I think I might go insane before that!
                  If you have your heart set on the ROR, you should try to call them. I originally had the 12:00 slot, but then there were 2 cancellations and I was able to move to 4:00. This was in the past month, so they may be available, but not on the website.
                  As you read more on the forum (especially the Jamaica section), you'll see that most of us are crazy and are doing as much as we can before we go there. Let us know what you want to plan and we'll try to help you out!

#10 stei0419

stei0419
                  • 63 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lizz
                    If you have your heart set on the ROR, you should try to call them. I originally had the 12:00 slot, but then there were 2 cancellations and I was able to move to 4:00. This was in the past month, so they may be available, but not on the website.
                    As you read more on the forum (especially the Jamaica section), you'll see that most of us are crazy and are doing as much as we can before we go there. Let us know what you want to plan and we'll try to help you out!
                    That's interesting! Thanks for the input. I am going to stay in Negril though b/c I've read the beaches are better and my family is more into hanging on the beach than anything else. We'll save the excursions for the honeymoon! We're moving to a Sandals for that part of the trip!

So, planning-wise, I just wanted to know if we were supposed to have things like the reception dinner and spa reservations booked by now, but I emailed a Riu wedding coordinator and all she said was don't worry about any of that till 1 month before...is it better to call them then? Should I be worried?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users