wedding attendant alternative

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mexicobride

mexicobride
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:00 PM

Hi ladies,

I am new to the forum. Our DW is at the Riu palace Mexico in April. We are having about 40 people. We decided to do only a best man and matron of honor because 1. It is such a small wedding and 2. We didn't want people to have to pay for all the other things (dress, make up, shoes, jewelry, showers, bachelorette parties, etc) on top of their travel costs. However, there are 3 ladies in my life whom I'd like to honor/acknowledge in some way. Any ideas? We won't be having any readings at the service and I think only one of them would be comfortable making a toast. Is there something else I can have them do or a gift I can get them or something? Any ideas would be appreciated.

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:15 PM

Welcome! You could have one be your "personal attendant." I've learned that not everywhere in the country has this role in a wedding (I get strange looks when I mention it!) - but in MN typically the bride has 1 or 2 personal attendant. Their role is to help the bride out what whatever she needs; makeup, hair, making sure she's fed, carrying her makeup and other stuff she may need, carrying a "emergency" kit (bobby pins, safety pins, nail polish, etc.). Just an idea!

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mexicobride
      Hi ladies,

I am new to the forum. Our DW is at the Riu palace Mexico in April. We are having about 40 people. We decided to do only a best man and matron of honor because 1. It is such a small wedding and 2. We didn't want people to have to pay for all the other things (dress, make up, shoes, jewelry, showers, bachelorette parties, etc) on top of their travel costs. However, there are 3 ladies in my life whom I'd like to honor/acknowledge in some way. Any ideas? We won't be having any readings at the service and I think only one of them would be comfortable making a toast. Is there something else I can have them do or a gift I can get them or something? Any ideas would be appreciated.
      can i ask the age of the ladies? and their relationship to you? this might help me have a better idea.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
      • 631 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:16 PM

maybe invite them to a spa day while in mexico...if you can afford to pay for all of you guys for some pampering that would be nice...

#5 REBECCA

REBECCA
        • VIP Member
        • 1,825 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:53 PM

I had two girls that were very important to me, but not bridesmaid, do my guest book. I treated them like wedding party, but they didn't have to buy a dress or stand up at the alter. They seemed pretty happy with this role. I also included them in the BM pedicures and got them gifts along with the BM's.
          Rebecca
          <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
          Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#6 mexicobride

mexicobride
          • 88 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:48 AM

Those are some great ideas, ladies. I'd love to do the spa thing, but many of my other friends have asked to be around helping the days leading up to the wedding, so leaving them out wouldn't be cool.

The three special ladies are:
            1. my brother's wife, age 26,
            2. my fiance's sister, age 35
            3. my roommate and best friend from college, age 32

I was thinking maybe having a private toast with them at some point and presenting them with a gift? What are you guys getting your BMs? I'd really like to honor them AT the ceremony or reception in some way though. Maybe getting them corsages? Is that cheesy?

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:25 AM

a toast or special thanks to them does not sound cheesy at all!

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mexicobride
            Those are some great ideas, ladies. I'd love to do the spa thing, but many of my other friends have asked to be around helping the days leading up to the wedding, so leaving them out wouldn't be cool.

The three special ladies are:
            1. my brother's wife, age 26,
            2. my fiance's sister, age 35
            3. my roommate and best friend from college, age 32

I was thinking maybe having a private toast with them at some point and presenting them with a gift? What are you guys getting your BMs? I'd really like to honor them AT the ceremony or reception in some way though. Maybe getting them corsages? Is that cheesy?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users