Any other Riu brides out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda&gabe2008 View Post
Hello fellow RIU Brides.

I have looked into and contacted the RIU reosrts in Jamaica for wedding information and pricing.
I got an email this morning from them saying that they are not booking any weddings in 2008 yet. I have to wait untill April to contact them back again. They didnt even include any information or packages for 2007 for me to compare.rant.gif

Hs anyone out there had their wedding at one of these resorts that could help me with a little insight on pricing. I just need an idea to see if it is within our budget.

Thanks for your help msnwink.gif
Have you gone to weddingsbyriu.com? There is a breakdown of their wedding packages by location. Just know that anything above and beyond what they're offering costs extra.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
Thanks Sarah! That does help a bunch. So I guess I just keep on e-mailing her until I get the things arranged that I want. For the cake for example, did you e-mail her pictures of ideas you liked? Just trying to figure out how the best way to go about this successfully is...

Thanks to you now I have a much clearer to-do list! Thank you so much for the guidance - much appreciated!!!!!
Hi Shelly
I just attached a picture of the cake and flowers I wanted and sent it to her by email. I told her the type of flowers and colours I wanted. She said that was no problem they could do something similar!
Sarah

Amanda,

I have visited the Riu Ocho Rios. It is absolutely gorgeous. The hotel, grounds, and beaches are beautiful. It is a long drive from the airport, but our driver told us that the streets were going to get better. (We went in Dec 2005.) I believe the wedding package prices are on their website for Jamaica.

• 1 month later...

newbie here, but came across this post. How is everyone coming along with their planning?

For those of you getting married at the Riu Palace in Playa, which restaurant are you planning to chose for your dinner reception? There are 2 choices - the Brazilian restaurant (called La Bodega) and El Patio. Im leaning more toward La Bodega because its a full sit down, a little more formal - although im not too keen on the plaid seating.......El Patio - ive heard that only the main course is served, everything else is buffet....

I have booked a date in 2008 and recieved a REFERENCE number. I waited and waited....and still did not recieve a CONFERENCE number. Apparently RIU needs to book the judge; before then can give you the CONFERENCE number....

What are the chances of not getting the Judge? I must say its very difficult to get in touch and hard to plan if no knowone will give you a straight answer.

Any suggestions, thoughts.......experiences.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatini View Post
I have booked a date in 2008 and recieved a REFERENCE number. I waited and waited....and still did not recieve a CONFERENCE number. Apparently RIU needs to book the judge; before then can give you the CONFERENCE number....
What are the chances of not getting the Judge? I must say its very difficult to get in touch and hard to plan if no knowone will give you a straight answer.
Any suggestions, thoughts.......experiences.

Thanks
You have to go onto Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu and log in your reference number to complete your confirmation. Have you done this already? The wedding coordinator got back to me the same day to confirm my date with the local judge.

I just received my confirmation for Riu Palace Cabo Nov. 21st 2007 bunny_4.gif However I cannot complete until my TA books the room. I don't want to book unless I can also book the Mexican Restaurant for the reception. My TA is working on that now. I thought a destination wedding would be easier