Have to pick up dress- Freaking out! (long)

bre

So I called to schedule an appointment to pick up my dress before we leave on the 15th. I was hoping to pick it up next Thursday 1/10. The woman told me I could come in any time since I'm just picking it up and I don't need to try it on. But I want to try it on b/c I haven't tried it on since 12/8/07, I think I've lost a little weight, and they've done alterations since the last time I tried it on.

I'm not being crazy, right?? I paid A LOT of money for the dress, if I want to try it on I should be able to try it on. (I think I'm having my first bridezilla moment!)

So she told me that I need to come in tonight to get the dress b/c if I've lost too much weight then it will need emergency alterations. Which I'm sure they'll charge me an obscene amount for in addition to the over $400 I already paid for alterations. $75 of which was the fault of the seamstress! (Another long story....)

Uurrggghhhh. This is so stressful! My sister didn't try on her dress when she picked it up and when her wedding day in St. Lucia arrived the bodice was all messed up. She's still upset about it 7 years later. So it makes me nervous.

Plus, I still want to drop a few more pounds which I know I shouldn't be doing b/c I know it will mean I need alterations but the idea of being in a bikini in front of my friends and family has become pretty motivating. I'm not going to lose a lot, I just want to feel good about myself at the pool. I know if I did lose weight and picked it up next week I would need to pay for emergency alterations. I think there is just a part of my brain that is not ready to have the dress because I know I could be in better shape that I am. Although, another part of my brain freaked the other day b/c we are so close and I don't have the dress.

I think I'm losing my mind... Deep breathes. Deep breathes.

Thanks for letting me rant.

All I could think as I was reading this was...BREATHE, BREATHE. ; )

I don't think you're having a Bridezilla moment or a crazy moment. I just don't understand why they would charge you again if you need additional alterations. Yeah, yeah, maybe the are considered "emergency" alterations, but still, you paid for them already. To me, alterations shouldn't be considered final, until the day that you pick up your dress & walk out of the store!!!

Anyway, you should definitely try it on tonight. No need to have any regrets 7yrs later!!! smile03.gif

bre, I'm sure you can try it on and if you did loose more weight then yeah sorry to say they most likely will charge you but at least you will have the peace of mind that it was sized correctly.

Don't worry , everything will be fine in the end :)

I would definitely try it on if I were you. You paid so much for it to be the nicest dress you will ever wear. Why not make sure it's perfect? Plus why wouldn't the store want to make sure they did it right? That's crappy business.

Don't stress though. I'm sure everything will turn out perfect.

Try on the dress! I lost a few pounds in the few days between picking up my dress and my wedding and it showed a little. It has been a month since you tried yours on. I don't think you are being a Bridezilla, just being smart. :) Try to negotiate if they try to charge you anything for the alterations. Everytime I went back they had to re-alter mine b/c I was losing weight. They charged a flat fee, not an inexpensive flat fee, almost $600, but regardless, it's standand to only charge you once.

thanks for the consoling words to my almost incoherent babbling post. I truly appreciate them :)

I tried it on and all was well with the world and my dress. They were not snooty like they were on the phone and I left very happy with my dress.

I've decided that I need to scale back my sessions with the personal trainer and not be such a food nazi b/c, as my body is now the dress fits perfectly and that is the most important things. Holy lord, I'm getting married in 15 days to my best friend and I can't wait!

Thanks for talking me off the ledge!smile03.gif