Photo

Jamaica - weather question

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:56 PM

my rude co-worker who got too much joy out of telling me that it would probably rain on my wedding.

#12 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
    • 933 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:57 PM

My wedding is at 4. I am hoping it does not rain but i am not going to worry about it. Like everyone said, in the tropics it only rains a short time and usually gets beautiful with rainbows. THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!

lizz- the beginning of the thread is who they were talking about, the woman who said that it rains in may
      My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#13 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AlmostMrsForbes
        my rude co-worker who got too much joy out of telling me that it would probably rain on my wedding.
        Oh, sorry, I forgot about that part of the post! I thought someone else said something that I missed.
        I'm sure she would rather be in Jamaica when it's raining than at work; she's just jealous!

#14 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by albrosious
          My wedding is at 4. I am hoping it does not rain but i am not going to worry about it. Like everyone said, in the tropics it only rains a short time and usually gets beautiful with rainbows. THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS!

lizz- the beginning of the thread is who they were talking about, the woman who said that it rains in may
          I got it now, I'm just confused. I'm at work, so I maximize the screen for 30 seconds, read, then minimize, then pop it back open, write, minimize, etc etc...sorry!

#15 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
          • 238 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:04 PM

i know what you mean! i close my office door - so everyone thinks i'm on a conference call. it is soooo bad ... but i'm addicted ... what can i say?

#16 jmhein

jmhein
            • 665 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

Lizz - which website did you use to find out that info? I would like to see what it says about Feb!!
              ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#17 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jmhein
                Lizz - which website did you use to find out that info? I would like to see what it says about Feb!!
                Here you go:
                Weather in Jamaica in February | jamaica-guide.info

#18 Birdie07

Birdie07
                • 1,218 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

We checked the weather before we went and it was suppose to rain that day and during my ceremony. We got there and it rained the first couple of days we were there. But it lasted only a few minutes. And it was warm rain. You couldn't even tell it rained. It dried so fast. I wouldn't worry too much. If it does you can wait a few minutes to wait it out.

#19 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

Welcome back, Cali! I didn't notice you posting since you had left. I hope everything went well and I hope you are gathering some pics to post for us!

#20 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

Just to chime in, we were there in early June. It rained lightly for like 15 minutes the first day, actually around 4 or 5pm and it dried very quickly.

It was dry for a week then the last morning it rained pretty hard and long, like 2-3 hours. We were totally in the pool in the rain with a few other couples. It felt really good...lol

If it were to rain during my ceremony I would embrace it...if it isn't luck it's fun and makes for memorable pictures! Keep your sense of humor and expect tropical weather...chances are it won't rain anyway :o)

P.S. Your co-worker does suck! What a hater!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users