• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxytv
    I would go for EdenH. It looks like an amazing resort. Have you been on the DR wedding forum? You can get tons more insight about resorts from past, present and future brides.
    I just saw the link to that forum you posted in my other thread. I will check that one out tonight. I am waiting on the coordinator to send me some pics of the wedding locations at EdenH. I cant wait to start reading reviews about the resort. But its defitenly one I'm leaning towards. I love the fire & ice theme!
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#12 ticia277

ticia277
    • 212 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

Yhea a new Punta Cana Bride!

I'm getting married at Dreams. One option, is having the hotel's wedding coordinator conduct the ceremony and then sign the papers with the judge at whatever time they're available.
      Loving Married Life!

#13 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:32 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ticia277
        Yhea a new Punta Cana Bride!

I'm getting married at Dreams. One option, is having the hotel's wedding coordinator conduct the ceremony and then sign the papers with the judge at whatever time they're available.
        Oooh, I didnt even know that was an option for a civil ceremony. What time is your ceremony? When I contacted Dreams I was told they only hold ceremonies at 6pm, 7pm, or 8pm.
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#14 TA Dina

TA Dina
        • 181 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:58 AM

Yes, that appears to be a feasible option in PC.

From an email I recently received while working with the WC at Dreams PC:

Quote:
          The judge is only able to perform the ceremony in the evening. In the case couples have the ceremony earlier, the wedding coordinator performs it and then they sign the documentation in the evening when the judge arrives.

#15 melody

melody
          • 236 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:06 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by twinkletoes
            Oooh, I didnt even know that was an option for a civil ceremony. What time is your ceremony? When I contacted Dreams I was told they only hold ceremonies at 6pm, 7pm, or 8pm.
            From what I understand there is only one judge performing all the ceremonies that is why a lot of DR brides are opting for a symbolic ceremony.

#16 ticia277

ticia277
            • 212 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:19 AM

Yes, the weddings are later in the evening because the resort is towards the end or the beach and farthest away. You can contact Grisel at Dreams, she can give you more details about having the coordinator do the ceremony and sign the papers with the judge later. I know LOTS of brides on the original Sunscape forum that did this. A 6 PM wedding will be nice in August. It's just before sunset so you will get daytime and sunset pictures.
              Loving Married Life!

#17 vale

vale
              • 437 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

Hi I'm an Ocean Blue bride on 10th July 08, I have managed to get a time of 2pm (I asked 2-3 months ago), but that could change nearer the time.

#18 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

Keep us posted! Can't wait to hear which one you decide!

We are doing a symbolic ceremony and signing our legal paperwork before we leave. Our ceremony is at 3pm. Tried to move it to 4pm, but even for symbolics -- the Master of Ceremony performs it so it will appear legal to guests and he is already booked for 4pm. So, 3pm it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users