Photo

Dreams Cancun reception location pics

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 kkoodababy

kkoodababy
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:37 AM

Thanks for the quick replies everyone, and I will post some pics and details about my wedding after it happens.
    Now for all who booked Claudia or Citlalli for their wedding photos. What exactly did the package include... we wanted her to just take pictures for the day (12 hours) and she wanted $3250.

- Vanessa

#32 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:50 PM

I'm only doing 3 hours, we're having a very small wedding and didn't think it was necessary to have 500 pictures of 20 or so people. 12 hours is a long time, I don't think any of us have booked her for that much time, I believe the 1850 package is for 6 or 8 hours, can't quite remember. but I'm sure the other girls can tell you. Did you get claudia or a team member? I booked Citlalli, I'm so excited, it took me forever to pick a photographer!

#33 cancunbride2be

cancunbride2be
      • 153 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

Thess are the packages Claudia sent for me (I asked for mid range so I don't have the lower one the Jilly is getting). Since you are getting her for 12 hours...your package price seems like is appropriately priced. I hope this helps you!

Wedding Photo Package II
        100 pictures 4x6 (mix of color and b&w)
        10 pics 5x7 (3 b&w)
        3 pic 8x10 (1 b&w , 2 color)
        Bride getting ready, Ceremony, Bride and Groom portrait by the beach, group photo, wedding
        party and family. Time aprox 3hours
        cost 1,000.00 us

Special package III
        180 pics 4x6 (mix of color and b&w)
        15 pics 5x7
        6 pics 8&10 (3 color and 3 b&w)
        this is the most complete Photo Package because you will get a
        lot of candid shoots photojournalism kind besides the Pictures of Bride and
        groom, Wedding Party, Ceremony , family and reception. time aprox 4to 5 hours
        cost 1,850.00 us

250 photos 4x6" (mix b&w and color)
        over 300 digital photos in High resolution on CD's
        slide show with 100 digital images and music.
        25 photos 5x7" (10 b&w)
        10 photos 8x10"
        Time 10 hours
        Cost 3,000.00 us
        Happily Married 1/25/08
        Dreams Resort, Cancun

#34 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:28 PM

thats the same pricing I got, I'm getting package 2, for 3 hours.

#35 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:30 PM

Also, I forgot to say, that 12 hours is a LONG time for a photographer, and the price seems really reasonable. I know a lot of other photographers I looked into were about the same price or more expensive and they were only for 6-8 hours, so I think you're getting a great deal!

#36 kkoodababy

kkoodababy
            • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

Thanks everyone, I just sent an email out to confirm my booking.

-Vanessa

#37 SusanK

SusanK
              • VIP Member
              • 2,685 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:30 PM

Hi everyone! I found some good pics of the garden set-up. I couldn't believe it when I saw these pics. They are from the wedding that we saw when we were there last October vacationing. We weren't engaged at the time, but after seeing this wedding, we knew there was no other place we'd rather be for our day! The bride's dress was gorgeous. Check it out. The website is
                www.honeymoongiveaway.com
                Click on "Photo Gallery" and then "Dreams Cancun". The best pics are towards the bottom.
                Hope this helps!
                Susan
                Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#38 SusanK

SusanK
                • VIP Member
                • 2,685 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:20 PM

I have attached (I think) some additional pics in a Word Doc. My parents were at Dreams Cancun the last week of Feb. They saw two weddings. One was very small, with a beach reception. The other was 50-60 people, with a tower lobby/terrace reception. My mom thought this was a very nice set-up as the tower lobby is completely open to the terrace. It was very windy while they were there, and this way people could eat out of the wind. The pics were taken during set-up, before all decor was complete, but at least you can kind of get an idea of some options.
                  Hope this helps,
                  Susan

#39 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:52 PM

Susan, thanks for sharing the pictures. Have you decided where you are having your reception yet?

#40 SusanK

SusanK
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,685 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:32 PM

I think it will depend on how many people we end up with. I'm thinking of using the Club Tower Lobby/Terrace area, my only concern with that is where we'd put the dance floor. They'd probably have to clear some tables after dinner. And, I'm not sure how many people they can accomodate in that area. My second choice would be the garden area. That was the set-up we saw when we were there. Very pretty. I think the sand reception is beautiful too, but I don't know how practical it is for a large group. Have you decided yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users