Dreams Cancun reception location pics

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydskyga View Post
Do you know where the long table is set up? Just wondering because it wasn't in the sand.....!
Yes Jilly is correct, the terrace is right outside the tower. It has stairs from both sides that lead to the beach and the other side to the garden area. It is in front of the gazebo next to the smaller pool. It has 4 or 5 (not sure what to call them) coverings with four poles for each. The doors that lead to the terrace are sliding doors that remain open which leads to the lounge area which may be set-up for a cockatail hour or reception.

i have pics if you need more, email me
brendastar@gmail.com

Greetings from chilly NYC!

Does anyone have an email address for the Dreams Cancun wedding coordinator or to the wedding department?

I've tried to fill out the Dreams website wedding request form at least 5 times but keep getting an error! Could be the settings on my computer but this is the only computer I have access to!

Thanks!!

yes, let me find it

weddings1@dreamscancun.com.mx

sometimes she gets back to you really quick, other times it takes longer. but last time I emailed her she gave me another email address, which I think she may check for often, but I can't find that email, I think I lost it when my computer crashed. She'll still get your email with this one, but it just may take a little longer for a response

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

I just joined the forum and I am getting married at Dreams Cancun in exactly 4 weeks. I am a little bit frustrated and I am not sure what to do. Claudia from Dreams is great, we went there for a site inspection and to meet some of the venors in January and everything was great. But, now that we are trying to finalize everything I feel like the prices are starting to become outrageous... The photographer/videographer that dreams recommended (Claudia Rodriguez & her team for photo, and her husband for video) have good work, but coming down to it on price I feel like they jacked up the prices last minute... can anyone send me a price list on them so I can compare...

The cigar roller that Claudia recommended must have stuffed his cigars with some funny stuff and smoked them all... or maybe I don't know the pricing well enough. He wants $100 for up to 3 hours, and anywhere from $10 - $30 per cigar. Can anyone tell me if thats too crazy?

Everything else in the planning has been going great we have 70 guest coming and everyone is excited.

We are getting married at a Church down the street, then coming back and having a cocktail hour by the gazebo, and then having a reception in the ballroom. We are flying down our own DJ... my fiance owns a DJ company and his guys are coming down to perform, we are renting the equipment from the hotel's in-hous AV company. Then we are having a brunch the next morning for all our guests that are still there, or able to get up in the morning!

After the brunch, my fiance and I are off to Secrets In the Riviera Maya.

If anyone has any advice on last minute things let me know!!!

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST, HAD A LOT TO GET OFF MY MIND!

-Vanessa

Hi Vanessa! I'm sorry you're frustrated, I wish we could be more help, but I don't think any of us have gotten married there yet, we're all still planning. I can tell you that I hired claudia for my photographer and my package is $1000, its package #2, I think the lowest package was $850 & the higher one was $1650?

I am not doing a cigar roller, so I don't really know about the cost of that, but if you search the forum there is a thread about cigar rollers to give you a ballpark cost. The price does seem high, in my opinion, but I could be wrong.

Let me know if you need help with anything else and I'll do my best to help you.

And please, please, please, post a detailed review and pictures when you get back, I know all of us dreams cancun brides are anxiously awaiting for someone to get married there and give us all the details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancunbride2be View Post
Hello!
I am also using Claudia for photography and our package was 1850 (we wanted a large package with lots of pictures). She hasn't raised any prices or changed the package at all. We put a deposit down and that was it. Sorry you are having trouble! I do agree with Jilly though...please post pictures!!!!
I am also a Dreams bride to be on May this year. I also booked Claudia for the 1850 package or actually i booked her teammate Citalli for slightly less.
No cigars for us, however

I feel everything is going to work out for you!! Its great you have so many people coming and a cocktail reception by the gazebo is going to be lovely!!!
Good Luck and please let us know how everything goes. If you have any other questions or need advice...let us know..