I can't log on from work!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Can'tHardlyWait

• 812 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:21 PM

I haven't been on the forum in freakin forever because of the stupid internet tracker thing at my job. Apparently the managing partner has nothing better to do with his time other than check out the website filter to see what his attorneys are looking at! Urgh, get a life! I have been at my new job for about 6 or 7 weeks now, and I am about ready to quit! Normally I would say that the office manager is just blowing smoke up my ass, but I was talking to one of the secretaries and she told me she was actually written up for surfing on the clock...

Everyday I come home and by the time I make dinner and settle down stupid FI comes home and monopolizes all my time! Everytime I am actually able to log on I am like 2,000 posts in the hole... whats a girl to do?!?!?!

#2 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

it's the same way for me too... They are doing internet tracking here at my work, so I can barely log on during the day

#3 Christine

• VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

oh how sad, I thought my work was tough on the internet, but so far they haven't found my little forum habit yet. We miss you Galit
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:38 PM

they track us too, but our company is pretty large, so I don't think they've figured me out yet!

They block access to certain sites, like ebay, so I'm surprised I can even get on BDW

#5 Spazz

• VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

I noticed a little icon on my toolbar at work that is a tracking thing. Every morning I turn it off, but I'm not sure if it actually totally turns off. I just started this job a few months ago, so I'm just waiting to get called in and reprimanded. But it's just so hard to go all day without logging in here!

#6 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:45 PM

We are blocked from "social networking" sites like facebook, myspace, etc. Also, the company is realistic & knows people basically NEED the internet to do business & manage personal finances, etc...so the policy is "keep it reasonable". Pretty nice.

#7 jajajaja

• VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:48 PM

We are tracked too but my director hasn't done a report- thank goodness. I would be so embarrassed. I pride myself on being a good employee, but am I really? I'm on here all the time. At least my work isn't affected.

We are a big company too so I don't think our little techies have found my habit. I hope they never do!
              Happily married since 2008

#8 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

Same with me... we just had a meeting and if you are not doing work related things online its grounds for termination :o( So I have major withdrawls!

#9 Can'tHardlyWait

• 812 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:15 PM

Urgh, so frustrating! The worst part is that all I want to do all day is log on and when I finally get home I have to clean up and make dinner I am definitely going through withdrawal

#10 LisaG

• VIP Member
                  • 7,839 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

Argh!! Thanks stinks!! My work monitors sites like myspace, facebook, yahoo and hotmail. I don't think they've caught on to me either. They did fire 2 guys last year for being on myspace all the time. Kinda scary!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users