Photo

EDR room reservation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pryzeless

pryzeless
  • 614 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

Has anyone reserved rooms in a block or as a group at the EDR as opposed to having a travel agent plan seprately for your guests? My TA is telliing me it would be too difficult and not necessarily cheaper to do a block reservation as my guests are coming down at different times and days. Thanks.

#2 Melba

Melba
    • 132 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

I didn't book a block either since everyone is staying different days and in different categories. I was told by my wedding coordinator at EDR that once you tell them the list of people attending your wedding, that they try to group everyone in rooms close to each other.

#3 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
      • 308 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

I'm using destinationweddings.com and our TA said that she sends a guest list to the hotel so they know exactly who is in party. She said they do a good job grouping everyone.

#4 pryzeless

pryzeless
        • 614 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

I am using Destinationweddings.com too. They seem good so far, a little pushy. However, she is the one who told me not to use a block of rooms. I just want to make sure she is not just saying that so that I go thru her.

#5 Linz2511

Linz2511
          • 14 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:13 PM

I am using destiantionwedding.com TA too, she's doing a great job for me.

I wanted to ask other EDR brides, do you have anyone in your party under 18? I have one cousin that will be a month shy of her 18th birthday for my wedding. Any suggestions on how to get around this?

#6 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
            • 1,047 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:31 PM

I'm a travel agent and if I was doing a destination wedding I would still use a TA !

It'll provide all of your guests a point of contact, someone to ask questions of (instead of calling and emailing you all of the time!), someone to assist if there are any hiccups in travel ( do you want someone calling you at the resort asking for your assistance or complaining if something isn't quite right?).

The TA takes care of all of those items & more!

It's not always in the guests or the bride & grooms best interest to do a room block. And quite honestly it's more work for the TA to take care of everyone as a seperate reservation as opposed to a group!

Have fun planning!

TA Jennifer

#7 pryzeless

pryzeless
              • 614 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

Thank you for the info. I will probably have a TA for the ease of it.

#8 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
                • 433 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Linz2511
                  I am using destiantionwedding.com TA too, she's doing a great job for me.

I wanted to ask other EDR brides, do you have anyone in your party under 18? I have one cousin that will be a month shy of her 18th birthday for my wedding. Any suggestions on how to get around this?
                  I thought I was going to have this issue since I wasn't sure how old my cousin was. I learned that the resort is very strict about not allowing under 18 year olds into the resort, so I don't know if you'd be able to get around it, unfortunately.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users