Help finding Wedding Cake Vendors

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Desi479

Desi479
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 04:33 AM

Hi Girls,
    I am also looking for a cake vendor. I contacted Jennifer Hatton too and she told me she was not able to do my cake because I wanted a 3d cake shaped like a sandcastle. Jennifer referred me to Deena who said she could def do it but its been about 3mths & I emailed her 3 or 4 times since then & no responce or nothing:-( Does anyone know anyone else I cld contact?

#22 jennkurt

jennkurt
    • 68 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:11 PM

I have had the same problems with Deena. Originally she was very responsive, and gave me an initial quote on a 2-tiered cake, but since then we've decided we'd like a quote for a 3-tiered cake, as well as cupcakes. I've emailed her about 5 times in 7/8 weeks, and have received zero response.
      Married since June 4th, 2010!

#23 Floreria Rayen

Floreria Rayen
      • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Desi479
        Hi Girls,
        I am also looking for a cake vendor. I contacted Jennifer Hatton too and she told me she was not able to do my cake because I wanted a 3d cake shaped like a sandcastle. Jennifer referred me to Deena who said she could def do it but its been about 3mths & I emailed her 3 or 4 times since then & no responce or nothing:-( Does anyone know anyone else I cld contact?
        Have you girls try to contact her by phone? We usually work together and she seems to have problems with internet conection sometimes... also she's always away for the Holidays. Here, try giving her a call:
        Local Ph: +52 (624) 142-6318
        Cell:+52 (624) 111-6542
        CDN Vonage: 604-628-7888

Her cakes are gorgeous and for what I've heard really yummy. Good luck!

#24 riokayak

riokayak
        • 175 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

I'm planning to use Jennifer... but won't be able to do any sampling. I was thinking I'd go with light chocolate and vanilla cake with raspberry filling... thoughts? With out trying the apple and orange I don't think I'm brave enough to pick either of those, but Pinkie you make it sound like I'm totally missing out! :-)

#25 liznsergio

liznsergio
          • 400 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by riokayak
            I'm planning to use Jennifer... but won't be able to do any sampling. I was thinking I'd go with light chocolate and vanilla cake with raspberry filling... thoughts? With out trying the apple and orange I don't think I'm brave enough to pick either of those, but Pinkie you make it sound like I'm totally missing out! :-)
            We sampled about 6 of Jennifer's flavors...ALL were amazing, but we decided to go with the following to flavors which we thought were the best, hands down: Top Tier/Vanilla cake with the Orange tequila key lime filling with orange zest
            Bottom tier/Vanilla cake with Fresh raspberry paint, raspberry french cream sprinkled with raspberries

From what I remember, the chocolate was extremley rich...but any chocolate lover's dream :o)

#26 riokayak

riokayak
            • 175 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:22 PM

Wow! That was super helpful liznsergio! Maybe I'll go with white cake the Orange tequila key lime filling with orange zest and then the chocolate with raspberry. FI LOVES his chocolate. That sounds really good!

#27 nicole.gia

nicole.gia
              • 318 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:49 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Floreria Rayen
                Have you girls try to contact her by phone? We usually work together and she seems to have problems with internet conection sometimes... also she's always away for the Holidays. Here, try giving her a call:
                Local Ph: +52 (624) 142-6318
                Cell:+52 (624) 111-6542
                CDN Vonage: 604-628-7888

Her cakes are gorgeous and for what I've heard really yummy. Good luck!
                Thank you! I too have emailed her numerous times and never got a response. I will call her tomorrow!

#28 kclyburn

kclyburn
                • 153 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

I think I am going to be using Jennifer Hatton as well! I hear she does beautiful work and the cakes taste wonderful!

#29 MRSDB2B

MRSDB2B
                  • 38 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by jak27 

I highly recommend using Deena with Sweet Dreams, she is amazing! Our cake was the best cake I have ever had, and it was beautiful!

Click the image to open in full size.

SOOOOO nice!

#30 claudiabenitez

claudiabenitez
                    • 77 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:33 AM

I used Denna and my cake was so pretty I didn't want to cut it!! And then it was so yummi I keep eating! I had raspberry vanilla with dark chocolate and raspberry ganache for the first layer, and chocolate with dark chocolate and raspberry ganache for the last two layers! Delicious! Oh and I had white chocolate starfishes and shells to match my wedding theme! I highly recommend her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users