I dont know where to go!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Pam

Pam
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:21 PM

Hey Ladies,

We havent booked our wedding yet. I was hoping to get some good info here. I'm so confused with all the options available.

November 2008 is what we're aiming for. Preferably the 3rd week.

I look forward to reading what you all have to share!!

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

Welcome to the forum, look around there are many ideas, reviews, and photos of many beautiful places

#3 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
      • 1,016 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum. Picking the location was the hardest part of the destination wedding process for me. You have definitely come to the right place for ideas/suggestions/comments/help/etc. Please let us know a little bit more about what you envision (i.e. number of guests, church vs beach ceremony, Caribbean vs. Mexico vs. somewhere else, where your guests will be traveling from, etc.) so that we can help!

#4 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
        • Banned
        • 381 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:25 PM

Welcome to the forum! There are soooo many choices on destination weddings. If you let people know a bit more of what you are looking for - I am sure you will get lots of suggestions! HAPPY PLANNING!

#5 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:25 PM

Welcome fellow canadian :) What is your budget like? There are lots of AI's (all-inclusives) that lots of the girls on here can give you info for.. I'm getting married in Maui which isn't the cheapest place.. and no AI's there

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

Welcome to the forum. You should start thinking about what is important for you and use that as a guideline to pick a place. Picking a place is the hardest part! Goodluck...
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

this was definitely the hardest decision for us! can you tell us a little bit about what you're looking for, or countries/regions you're considering? we'll try to help!

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

I agree - picking the location was/is the hardest decision for us! It's also fun though. And if you have the extra money, site visits are a blast and a great excuse for a little get-away vacation

Like the other girls said, if you can give us some more info on the type of wedding you envision we can help out more.

Good luck and

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#9 Pam

Pam
                  • 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome! I was shy to start as this is the FIRST forum I ever joined

So this is what we know for now:
                    - We've been to Punta Cana once before and LOVE it. so we're thinking of going back there, but we heard that Mayan Riviera is beautiful too. No Cuba, as we will have Americans in the group
                    - Our group should be approximately 20 - 30 people travelling from Montreal (our home town), Edmonton (our new town) and Vancouver (my birthplace)
                    - Oh and definitely a beach ceremony - most likely a renewal of vows since we want to avoid too much paper work

I'm so excited!!!!

#10 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
                    • 815 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:56 PM

Welcome to the forum! Riviera Maya is gorgeous. Mexico is nice because it is fairly safe for your guests to leave resort property for day trips and excursions. Some of the caribbean locations you have to stay on resort because it is dangerous for tourists off property. You still have lots of time to decide.
                      http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
                      Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                      Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users