Photo

STD's for AHR

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jenvh

jenvh
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:42 AM

We are only having our immediate family at our wedding in Mexico. However, it looks as if we will be having an ahr (and probably a fairly big one) We want to send STD's for the AHR because our friends and family are scattered all over the country so no matter where we have it there will be many people travelling. To give people enough notice, we should send the STD before the wedding (we haven't picked a date for the ahr but are shooting for about 3-4 months after the wedding...I know I need to get on that )
    My question is...how do I word such a thing? I don't want to confuse people or make them feel bad for not being invited to the actual wedding. So how do I say we are getting married on day x, but come celebrate with us later on day y?

#2 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:52 AM

Maybe you could send out an announcement of your wedding in Mexico with your AHR reception date rather than a STD? You could send that out right when you get back or right before you leave. Then send out a formal invitation for the AHR closer to the date or just put all the details for the AHR in the announcement/invitation and not send anything else.
      Michelle

#3 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:10 AM

You could write something like this:

You are invited to attend
        a Reception celebrating their marriage
        on Day
        at Time
        City_State

#4 jenvh

jenvh
        • 135 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by beachbride08
          Maybe you could send out an announcement of your wedding in Mexico with your AHR reception date rather than a STD? You could send that out right when you get back or right before you leave. Then send out a formal invitation for the AHR closer to the date or just put all the details for the AHR in the announcement/invitation and not send anything else.
          This is what I originally wanted to do, but how much notice do I need to give people who need to travel? is 3 months enough time? I thought an STD would be helpful for travel planning.

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

I think Lizz's is a good idea. There's a website, think it's verseit.com that may have ideas of how to word it so you won't hurt anyone's feelings.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
              I think Lizz's is a good idea. There's a website, think it's verseit.com that may have ideas of how to word it so you won't hurt anyone's feelings.
              I never heard of verseit, but I just looked and it's great: VerseIt.com
              I got mine from Personalized wedding invitations by Rexcraft. It's an invitation website (where I ordered mine) and they have lots of examples of wording.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users