Oreo Truffle Balls

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

These are the yummiest things I have ever tasted. We made these for New Years and they were a hit

Click the image to open in full size.Oreo Truffle Balls

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    16 ounces oreos, broken into quarters
    Enough best quality white chocolate chopped to measure about 2 cups

In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for a couple minutes to smooth out. Add in just over 1/2 of the broken oreos and mix until thoroughly combined. Add in the rest of the oreos and mix just until combined - some bigger pieces are ok.

Cover bowl and chill for at least 2-3 hours. Scoop out dough with a heaping teaspoon and roll into 50-60 balls. Cover and place back in the refrigerator to firm up.

Slowly melt the white chocolate in a double boiler, stirring occasionally, until most of the chunks are smooth. Remove and stir to melt the rest of the chocolate. Dip each truffle ball and set aside on a silpat or parchment paper. If the chocolate mixture starts to firm up, place back over the double boiler to slowly remelt, or gently rewarm in the microwave. Store in the refrigerator after all are dipped.

#2 starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

How simple to make! I'll add these to the archives :o)

#3 cessyboston

• VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:28 PM

omg i just put on 5lbs reading yummy.
        Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#4 Jenn

• 1,557 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:57 PM

Those look and sound awesome! I'll have to try them post-wedding!

#5 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

OMG those sound amazing!

#6 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:38 AM

i meant to post this recipe...i made it about 2 weeks ago and they were so easy...i made them with white chocolate chips...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by host
              i meant to post this recipe...i made it about 2 weeks ago and they were so easy...i made them with white chocolate chips...
              they are super easy, that's how we made them with the white chcocolate chips

#8 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,680 posts
              • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
              • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
              • LocationUtah

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:12 AM

Oh great thread Shelley! One of the guys here at my work brought in these which his wife made and I was in heaven! I was curious how she made them and well now I know. Thanks!

#9 Jones4Me

• Banned
              • 381 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

Sounds so good. I am not a big fan of white chocolate though.... I am thinking I might try with milk chocolate. Thanks Shelley!

#10 boscobel

• VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:25 AM

I am totally going to try this with dark chocolate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users