Photo

Black Bridesmaid dresses on the Beach??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 oneofakindsue

oneofakindsue
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:21 AM

Has anyone used black dresses on the beach for their bridesmaids? I was thinking below the knee simple black dresses with tropical flowers. If you have used black dresses, what did your groom and groomsmen where? What color linens at the reception? Any advice would help. Thanks and Happy New Year!!

#2 nenamono

nenamono
    • 282 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

Im doing black BM dresses also. I love the look. FI will be wearing a tan suit and the BM will most likely be wearing khakis and a guayabera. Here is a pic I found (Im going to direct link it since I cant credit where I got it from) of the BM's in black.
      http://i224.photobuc...nenamono/BM.jpg

#3 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
      • 530 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

I shot a wedding in December where the bridesmaids were wearing black dresses... here is a link to my blog where you can see the dresses.
        Tamarack Studios Photo Blog: Kelsi & Russ

I think the linens were back as well, I really didn't care for them that much.

nic

#4 beachbride08

beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:48 AM

A friend of the family had a DW in Cabo and had black BM dresses. The GM wore khaki pants and black button down shirts. The girls had yellow flowers which I didn't really like and the table linens were all white.
          Michelle

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:02 AM

I think black dresses (or whatever you decide!) will be great! Someone (can't remember who, right now...) posted pics of their GM shirts the other day, they were black button-ups with a tropical flower on the one side. That could look really nice with woman wearing black dresses. Let me see if I can find the thread with the pic....

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:13 AM

Tried to edit my previous post, but it was taking FOREVER! Here is the link to the thread of the black shirt, about halfway thru...
              http://bestdestinati....770#post215317

#7 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
              • 238 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:14 AM

hi! i think black bridesmaid dresses will look great. it will lend a bit more formality to the ceremony.

my girls are wearing black dresses - just below the knee. my fi and groomsmen are wearing kilts (fi is scottish).

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:50 AM

I was thinking about black dresses for my beach wedding too. My gm shirts are black with flowers on the side. This is them:
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  I got them from lavahut.com. I thought black dresses would be nice. You might want your gm in something more formal though.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
                  • 530 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:51 PM

Danielle, those shirts are rad.

#10 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

I think black would look great. I love the pic you posted as inspiration. I love black anyways and it looks really good on everyone. My colors are hot pink and orange and the colors did not look good on my pale BMs. I decided to use brown as well so they will be wearing brown dresses.

For what to have the groomsmen wear, why not a black linen pant with a white linen shirt? My guys are wearing brown linen/cotton blend pants with a white linen shirt that has a brown embroidered design on the front. They look formal enough next to the girls. (I made them try them on together. haha)

What are your colors besides black? Someone did a really pretty table design with hot pink and black.
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users