Photo

DW Makeup Recommendations? (i.e. non-melting; sweat resistant?)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

I love and would recommend MAC's Studio Tech with their blotting powder.. works great in the heat

#12 jmill130

jmill130
    • 601 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for all the tips girls.... I love MAC products!

#13 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

Now that I have my Laura Mercier make up (including foundation primer) I got the model in a bottle too. Tried it for the first time today. So far after 4 hours still no eyeshadow creasing (my big problem). I have blown my nose and seen some foundation come off but I guess thats to be expected. So far the model in a bottle seems to be keeping the make up in place.

#14 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

Model in a Bottle? Who is this made by? Or is that the line?

I still haven't gone to Sephora to get my Laura Mercier!

#15 lucy106

lucy106
          • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:07 AM

That is the name of the company Makeup Setting Spray and Eyebrow Sealer: Model in a Bottle you spray it on after you do your make up and it sets your make up

#16 Amarillis

Amarillis
            • 1,913 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

This model in a bottle looks great.. Thanks for sharing.. I think i'll order some for my DW.

#17 Kelly C

Kelly C
              • 2,051 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:38 PM

Also, my photographer told me to make sure not to wear moisterizer with SPF in it either. It makes you shiney in the photos.
                Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#18 luvtoteachlaw

luvtoteachlaw
                • 134 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:04 PM

I plan on wearing all my Bare Escentuals makeup . . . it is the best makeup that I have EVER used! The foundation is consistently the #1 rated foundation in Allure magazine. It covers eveything, keeps oil under control, doesn't dry the skin and looks completely natural. The mineral veil is a finishing powder that provides an air brush finish and controls oil. There are so many beautiful eye colors to pick from, and they all blend nicely for a natural look. I really can't say enough about how much I like their products! Now is a great time to order . . . they are having a 10 year anniversary on QVC now. You can also find these products at Sephora.

http://www.qvc.com/c...o&level=2&walk. yah=6285-1214&cm_re=MH-_-BEAUTY-_-BAREESCENTUALS&cm_sp=MH-_-BEAUTY-_-BAREESCENTUALS

#19 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                  • 514 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

I have been stalking Sephora and trying samples of almost everything in the store in order to narrow down what I will be using for the wedding. So far I have confirmed I will be using the eyeshadow primer from Two-Faced. This stuff is amazing! I have extremely oily skin and I just used it on my Las Vegas trip with 112 degree weather and it did not smear or crease. This was the first time ever after many, many products I tried that my eyeshadow stayed on perfectly. One night (after too many drinks) I fell asleep with my makeup on and my eyeshadow still looked great!

I'm torn between Laura Mercier and Makeup Forever's oil-free foundation. They both work great and give me the exact coverage I'm looking for without feeling too heavy. I never wear foundation, I usually use Bare Minerals, so for me to like any foundation means a lot!

I haven't found a face primer I'm totally in love with, so I will continue trying samples for those. I did try on Benefit's "That Gal" face primer, but I wasn't too thrilled with it. I felt like it added unwanted shine to my face. It would be great for those of you looking for that JLo "glow" to your face. It did keep my makeup in place though.

I hope this helps for those of you trying on different products.

#20 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
                    • 514 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:01 PM

Oh and I completely forgot to mention the bronze facial tint I purchased from Sephora is great! It's from Benefit and it's called "Talk to the Tan". It does not come off until you wash your face. I like it because my face is so much lighter than the rest of my body right now and it helps me look even. I mixed it in with my foundation, or you can simply apply it directly to your face or after you have applied your makeup. It would be great for those of you who don't want to tan your face, it will give you a bronzed look right away!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users