34 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 December 2006 - 01:58 AM

I was just wondering what everyone did to save money for their wedding or trim their budget. I think this would be interesting what small things helped.
  • no more $4 starbucks daily (sometimes twice daily)..this helped my wallet and my fat starbucks, sitting at a computer all day fat ass.
  • went out to lunch once a week only. other days i brought lunch (usually lean cuisine that i bought for a dollar)
  • went out to dinner only once a week...other nights i cooked or we would eat leftovers..
  • NO SHOPPING except for wedding stuff

i am sure more will pop up.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 gkashmira

gkashmira
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:14 AM

Boy I wish I had some to add... I really need some tips!

I guess what I'm doing is taking home freelance work on the side... 4 more scripts and I can buy my dress! hee hee hee...

too bad I am sittin ghere chatting stead of workign on them!
    Kashmira & Dan
    Happily married since June 16, 2007
    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:12 AM

I think I live rather frugally to start with, so since I don't have a lot of budget trimming to do I'm just working all the overtime I can! This also helps me save more money- since I'm at work, I don't have time to go out or spend $$. And, when I'm not at work, I'm on here learning how to arrange this wedding myself (saving myself a coordinator fee!).

#4 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:33 AM

Coupons, Grocery Coupons - TheGroceryGame.com saves me around 55% or more every week on groceries.

we also try to eat out less and go out less. And we scaled way back for the holidays

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:38 AM

We did reduce our budget for Christmas this year too. Instead of buying expensive gifts for eachother, we're getting a digital camera together- it will also be useful in Cabo!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:48 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
          We did reduce our budget for Christmas this year too. Instead of buying expensive gifts for eachother, we're getting a digital camera together- it will also be useful in Cabo!

we're doing something similiar...we are gonna buy a new video camera...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:48 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
          Coupons, Grocery Coupons - TheGroceryGame.com saves me around 55% or more every week on groceries.

we also try to eat out less and go out less. And we scaled way back for the holidays
          hehe...i am such a coupon, bargain shopper too!

Awards and recognition: 

#8 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
          • VIP Member
          • 931 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:51 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by host
            hehe...i am such a coupon, bargain shopper too!
            if you haven't tried thegrocerygame website before you should check it out. I think it's only a buck for the first four weeks and it's kind of a PITA but we definitely save $. We also love fatwallet.com, and fishingfordeals.com.

I still love me some Nordstrom but I try to stick to the sales these days.

And don't forget to check out google checkout. There are some killer deals on there, too!

#9 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:19 AM

reduce the cost on christmas gifts.. no more traveling til the wedding..

we were going to go to cancun on a second scouting trip but we decided it was going to be useless since we wouldn't actually arrange anything by new year's eve..

#10 Jackie

Jackie
              • 2,290 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:01 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by host
                I was just wondering what everyone did to save money for their wedding or trim their budget. I think this would be interesting what small things helped.
                • no more $4 starbucks daily (sometimes twice daily)..this helped my wallet and my fat starbucks, sitting at a computer all day fat ass.
                • went out to lunch once a week only. other days i brought lunch (usually lean cuisine that i bought for a dollar)
                • went out to dinner only once a week...other nights i cooked or we would eat leftovers..
                • NO SHOPPING except for wedding stuff
                i am sure more will pop up.
                1. OK, the coffee things really going to kill me but I suppose I should add that to my list. NO more starbucks, except on Tues and Thurs morning on the way to school. I need that jolt, as for the rest of the time I will brew my own. YUCK.

2. I do buy unnecasary lunches this will have to stop!

3. We have allready limited our dinners to one per week.

4. NO SHOPPING! I definitly could work on this. Ok, only shop if it is a major sale no buying full price for anything.

5. I told my sister she needs to start paying for her own school lunches. I had been giving her $2 a day, but she is 17 now and has a job. Is this horible of me. I feel kinda bad but thats an extra 40.00 a month right there.

6. This sounds dreadfull, but our house is pretty big and all windows and the oil tank is really expensive in the winter, SO I was going to start trimming down my shower time, making sure the heat is on a lower setting, and washing most cloths with cold water.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by gkashmira
                Boy I wish I had some to add... I really need some tips!

I guess what I'm doing is taking home freelance work on the side... 4 more scripts and I can buy my dress! hee hee hee...

too bad I am sittin ghere chatting stead of workign on them!
                Not that I have such a cool job as yourself but I am going to aim to pick up at least 1 extra shift per week that all money earned will go directly into my wedding savings! After school is over.
                My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users