| Originally Posted by host |
I was just wondering what everyone did to save money for their wedding or trim their budget. I think this would be interesting what small things helped.
- no more $4 starbucks daily (sometimes twice daily)..this helped my wallet and my fat starbucks, sitting at a computer all day fat ass.
- went out to lunch once a week only. other days i brought lunch (usually lean cuisine that i bought for a dollar)
- went out to dinner only once a week...other nights i cooked or we would eat leftovers..
- NO SHOPPING except for wedding stuff
i am sure more will pop up.
1. OK, the coffee things really going to kill me but I suppose I should add that to my list. NO more starbucks, except on Tues and Thurs morning on the way to school. I need that jolt, as for the rest of the time I will brew my own. YUCK.
2. I do buy unnecasary lunches this will have to stop!
3. We have allready limited our dinners to one per week.
4. NO SHOPPING! I definitly could work on this. Ok, only shop if it is a major sale no buying full price for anything.
5. I told my sister she needs to start paying for her own school lunches. I had been giving her $2 a day, but she is 17 now and has a job. Is this horible of me. I feel kinda bad but thats an extra 40.00 a month right there.
6. This sounds dreadfull, but our house is pretty big and all windows and the oil tank is really expensive in the winter, SO I was going to start trimming down my shower time, making sure the heat is on a lower setting, and washing most cloths with cold water.
| Originally Posted by gkashmira |
Boy I wish I had some to add... I really need some tips!
I guess what I'm doing is taking home freelance work on the side... 4 more scripts and I can buy my dress! hee hee hee...
too bad I am sittin ghere chatting stead of workign on them!
Not that I have such a cool job as yourself but I am going to aim to pick up at least 1 extra shift per week that all money earned will go directly into my wedding savings! After school is over.