Newbie considering Playa Fiesta

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 WSUgal

WSUgal
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

Hi!
    I am a newbie! I am from Cincinnati, Ohio and just got engaged two weeks ago! My fiance and I would love a destination wedding. It is relaxed and it would be great to make our wedding a family celebration and vacation. We are looking into the Playa Fiesta resort because it seems like a perfect set up for what we want. We will have a small wedding with close family and friends! I would love to hear some suggestions about Playa Fiesta or other places similiar to this concept. (I have read many posts about Playa Fiesta already, but more info doesn't hurt!)
    Thanks,
    Christi

#2 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:03 PM

Hi Christi,

Playa Fiesta was our first choice in the beginning. However, we couldn't commit to the room block. Have you checked into all the details with this?

We actually passed this little hotel on our way to Le Kliff restaurant. We whizzed by it in the cab so we didn't get a good up close view but it looks cute. It's south of downtown PV so keep that in mind if your guests want to get out (cab rides there can really add up!).

Other than that I think it looks absolutely adorable and the WCs there seem to really be on top of things!

Good luck!

~ Jaime :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:59 PM

Congrats on your engagement and Welcome to the forum!

#4 WSUgal

WSUgal
        • 96 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:51 PM

Hi Jaime-
          I have read many posts from you and PVBride about Playa Fiesta! I emailed them last week and they have not responded yet. I am sure they are busy with the holidays and all, so I hope that they respond soon. I looked up Le Kliff and it looks gorgeous. Is that where you are getting married? If you have any info on these two places I would be really interested. Thanks for responding. Have a great New Year. Look forward to talking to you soon!

Ms. Shelley-
          Thanks and Have a great New Year's!

#5 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:53 PM

to the forum! I'm not familiar with Playa Fiesta, but I'm sure you will find the help you need here. Happy planning!!!

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:02 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by WSUgal
              Hi Jaime-
              I have read many posts from you and PVBride about Playa Fiesta! I emailed them last week and they have not responded yet. I am sure they are busy with the holidays and all, so I hope that they respond soon. I looked up Le Kliff and it looks gorgeous. Is that where you are getting married? If you have any info on these two places I would be really interested. Thanks for responding. Have a great New Year. Look forward to talking to you soon!
              Yes, I'm sure they are busy with the holidays. A great thing about them is they will usually offer you a free site visit to stay there a night or two. I've already forgotten the guy's name but he was so nice and easy to deal with via email.

We are not getting married at Le Kliff, although it is a good restaurant with an amazing view! The little area where you have your ceremony looks adorable - it has two grass shaped hearts that you stand on. Our WC said it was very expensive though (we were checking it out for the welcome dinner and she said it's about $100/person!). We are actually thinking of having the wedding at Las Caletas and the Welcome Dinner at a Spa/Healing Center near downtown called "Terra Noble". Both of these places are truly magical!!!!

If you have any more questions I'd be glad to help out - Good luck and Happy New Year to you too!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
              • Banned
              • 381 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:35 PM

to the forum!

#8 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

Wow! You're ahead of the game....engaged for only a couple of weeks and already have a good idea on the location.

Jamie Lynne is a great source of info as you've seen.

I was married in Cabo, but if I can help you with anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck and congratulations on your engagement!
                  My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                  Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#9 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
                  • 2,302 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

to the forum Christi!
                    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#10 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                    • Moderators
                    • 25,218 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                    • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hi and welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users