DJ in Jamaica? How are they?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 luv2love

• 260 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

For those of you that had a reggae band for the reception - is it worth it over a dj? Do they get people up and dancing?

#12 Daizy

• 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

I was worried about what music the DJ would play if we don't provide music... do you think it'll be the same Top 40 type of stuff we have here?! Think we have to hire a DJ if we're planning on bringing an ipod to do the work? I guess we would, because the hotel wouldn't have sound equipment? Thoughts/ideas? We're getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall... they're pretty new to Jamaica (just opened last May)... TIA!

#13 chicago88

• 699 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

Our DJ was awesome - we did give him some must plays, even though I'm not sure he played them all. They played fun wedding music - I would not worry!!

Therese & Jay
        Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08

#14 jmhein

• 665 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 06:05 PM

The DJ at our resort had a great selection of music, including lots of the top dance/hip-hop/pop hits right now! I would say they have everything North American DJs do!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#15 Daizy

• 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:33 AM

That's good to know, makes me a little more comfortable - thanks girls!!!

#16 Jodyann08

• 37 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:30 PM

had anyone looked into getting steal drums? Know any prices or places to look?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users