• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

Paging Maria, lol! Or if anyone else is around. Ok, let me try to explain this so everyone will know what I need.

When creating a text box, I try to make it rather large. But when making the words larger, they go outside the box no matter how big the box is and it won't let me make the box larger. And then upon saving as a pic, or whatever it will cut off everything that is not in the box. I have been fighting with this for 2 days now..... Help!

#2 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:28 PM

Are you are dragging the box to the side to make it wider?

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Just Martha
        Are you are dragging the box to the side to make it wider?

yes and it drags then goes back to the smaller size. It is really only on some fonts, like with letters that are bubbly or very large. It is really ok, except for when I save it and it cuts it off!

#4 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:35 PM

What if you modify your page properties? check the margins & open them up

#5 Martha

Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:44 PM

I figured you were doing that, just thought I would ask. That's the limit of my ppt knowledge. ha!

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Just Martha
              I figured you were doing that, just thought I would ask. That's the limit of my ppt knowledge. ha!
              thank you for trying! I am on the website now... it is not too easy to find what you are looking for there!

#7 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
              • VIP Member
              • 2,347 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:47 AM

I know what you're talking about. Some fonts (especially the ones that look like handwriting or scroll/script type) won't fit within the box size that you have. Sometimes, you can resize the box and then change the text size to be smaller inside that text box. But, it's a PITA and only works about 50% of the time.

You may need to add a shape behind your text box and remove the color from the shape. That way, when you group the image and save it as a JPEG, it will define the image boundaries based on your shape size, not the text box inside of that.

If that doesn't make sense, email me what you need and I'll play around with it....

ifg.mcl0108
                at
                yahoo.com

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:07 PM

exactly!! I was using the scriptina font and it was driving me crazy. Well, I will try that way, I temporary solved the problem, I just put and extra space at the top before I wrote the text and it worked...

#9 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:05 PM

That Scriptina font is a PITA for text boxes -- totally!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users