• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KLS1982

• 36 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:49 PM

I was thinking of having a solo guitarist for our ceremony. Did anyone use just a guitarist? Did he/she sing too? Any referrals would be awesome!!! Thanks ladies!

#2 Janet

• VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:40 AM

I used David Flores, but he did not sing. His guitar was AMAZING, however, he has been flaky in the past. Do a search for his name on the board, I'm sure there is tons on him going back a year or two.

#3 djfradal

• Banned
      • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

Hi, try with Adan Mijares, he is a excellent guitarist and also sings
        In case you can't reach him let me know and I will call him,
        my name is Paco
        my email is

#4 LGENDEIN

• 59 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:37 PM

David Flores was great at our wedding. He makes you a little nervous when he says he does not want a deposit and he just schedules you. I just emailed him a lot and he always responded that he still had me listed.

#5 Minx1969

• 28 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

Re: David Flores

I booked him in August for our March 2008 wedding and followed up a few times since then.

I found out today from my wedding coordinator (Jenny at Baja Weddings - she rocks!) who contacted him to extend his playing time that he won't be able to do my wedding (or anything in March).

He had not contacted me (I booked him directly) and told Jenny that he didn't have an email or a way to contact me to cancel.

Glad I have Jenny and a plan B. She is looking for someone else to play.

Scary lack of professionalism. Too bad because I really liked the clips on his website.

Glad I have 2 months to find someone else. Can't imagine how it would have been the day of the wedding and he didnt' show.

#6 Janet

• VIP Member
            • 7,459 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

Ugh, that sucks but is not surprising! It really is too bad because he is amazing (when he shows up!)

#7 Minx1969

• 28 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:49 PM

yeah - it really is..My exbf is a flamenco/spanish guitarist so I know good music when I hear it..and david is good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users