New and very thanksful

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

• 35 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

HI! My name is April. I am from Arkansas and I have been engaged since May 07. We were planning a traditional outdoor wedding here in central arkansas but then we looked at honeymoon places and the thought of a destination wedding was one of the best ideas ever. The wedding was orginally going to be set for Oct 4th 08 but that will have to change due to restriction on things. But, will still be the first full week in october. Since, we could have a much better honeymooon this way. Im looking into the Palace Resorts and leaning the most toward Aventura Spa Palace.

It looks awesome. But, I was wondering if anyone has had there wedding there without any guests then came back home and had a nice reception. I may have a few as in 2-3 guest that might be able to come with us but mainly just us. I have read some really good posts about Moon palace but the reveiws on aventura are just a little better.

Any input/advice anyone has would be wonderful.

#2 AmyFled

• 100 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:22 PM

Hi April, I'm not having my wedding at either of those places but I just wanted to say hi and welcome, I just started this forum last night. I'm in Arkansas too! (Jonesboro)

#3 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:40 PM

to the forum! You both will become very addicted to this forum. Dont say you werent warned, lol!

Congrats & Happy Planning
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#4 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#5 Spazz

• VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:49 PM

to the forum! I'm not familiar with your location, but I'm sure you will find tons of info here. Happy planning!!!

#6 cessyboston

• VIP Member
            • 2,096 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:51 PM

welcome congrats.........
              Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#7 Martha

• VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:51 PM

Wlcome to the board!!!

#8 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,680 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                • LocationUtah

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:07 PM

Well I think that's a good idea but I just want to warn you, you may be hurting peoples feelings. Would you let them know about getting married at Moon palace before? I know we had a problem with getting legally married before our DW. SOme family members were hurt. But that's my personal experience haha hopefully your family will be a little more understanding.

Welcome to the forum though and happy planning. Honeymoon planning is fun too!

#9 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

Can't help you with your questions but welcome to the forum :)

#10 shannon

• 772 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:01 PM

WELCOME to Forum!!! and Congrats on a DW! :) I'm so glad we decided to go the Destination Wedding route! We are having our honeymoon at Adventura Spa Palace- and are very very excited!! We are getting married "down the street" at El Dorado Royale- and having some friends/family come- then just me and the FI are heading to Adventura for a few nights.... You'll find tons of information! Congrats!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users