Jump to content

Photo

Looking for ceremony / reception location in Jamaica


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 negative

negative
  • Newbie
  • 22 posts

    Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:12 AM

    Hello Everyone...

    After calling up a few places myself to find a suitable wedding ceremony / reception venue... I still havent quite found what I am looking for...
    So any help at this point would be appreciated;

    My first choice was Montego Bay for location... second choices Negril and Ochi Rios.

    I guess one of the problems is that probably none of the guests would be staying at the hotel... from what I gather they would prefer to do their own travel arrangements...
    Most are from Jamaica in any case and a few from Canada / US
    Guestlist is 80 - 100 people

    So far the interesting places I've seen so far (from browsing the forums) are;
    The Ruins (Ochi)
    Rui (Negril) - I think day passes are required since none of my guests would be staying there $50 p.p.
    Beaches Montego Bay - Only allows 60 poeple

    I would prefer to stay in the $4000 - $5000 budget for the wedding / ceremony... has anyone been able to do this?
    I will be on the island for about 3 weeks but only plan on staying in a hotel for 3 - 6 days at most.

    Airline tickets I think I have already taken care of (just about)... and hmmm cant think anymore right now.
    My next post should be a little more coherent.

    #2 leigh miller

    leigh miller
    • Member
    • 936 posts

      Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:28 AM

      have you thought about the rockhouse? i have a wedding there in about a year. im so excited. it looks beautiful.

      #3 negative

      negative
      • Newbie
      • 22 posts

        Posted 30 December 2007 - 06:54 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by leigh miller
        have you thought about the rockhouse? i have a wedding there in about a year. im so excited. it looks beautiful.
        Hi Leigh... I actually saw that post earlier... I'm definately going to give them a call this week.

        I will e going to Jamaica in a few weeks anyways and I can pass by and take a look, the picture look amazing though!

        How many people are you inviting? I know some of these places have guest limits.

        Shaun

        #4 leigh miller

        leigh miller
        • Member
        • 936 posts

          Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:13 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by negative
          Hi Leigh... I actually saw that post earlier... I'm definately going to give them a call this week.

          I will e going to Jamaica in a few weeks anyways and I can pass by and take a look, the picture look amazing though!

          How many people are you inviting? I know some of these places have guest limits.

          Shaun
          im not getting married. im a photographer and shooting a wedding there. i cant remember how many guests the couple is inviting. their guests are all staying at the rockhouse though. they bought out the entire resort for the weekend.

          #5 BrittneyD

          BrittneyD
          • Member
          • 679 posts

            Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:38 PM

            You need to check with the hotels to see if there is a minimum number of guests that are required to stay at the hotel, in order to have your ceremony there. I know that the RIU requires 80% of the guests to stay.
            Brittney & Peter
            July 12, 2008
            Riu Ocho Rios

            http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

            #6 negative

            negative
            • Newbie
            • 22 posts

              Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

              Just called the rock house... apparently they only do 20 weddings per year, and they all all booked out for 2008

              #7 leigh miller

              leigh miller
              • Member
              • 936 posts

                Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by negative
                Just called the rock house... apparently they only do 20 weddings per year, and they all all booked out for 2008
                sorry to hear that!

                #8 Jenn

                Jenn
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,557 posts

                  Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:39 PM

                  What about renting villas? Moon Dance Resorts - 7-Mile Beach Negril, Jamaica is one place... that way your OOT guests could stay there and they might be more lenient about guest pass issues. They also have a new Negril cliffs location opening late 2008 and the prices there can't be beat! I know there are a lot of these type of places.

                  #9 negative

                  negative
                  • Newbie
                  • 22 posts

                    Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hopels
                    What about renting villas? Moon Dance Resorts - 7-Mile Beach Negril, Jamaica is one place... that way your OOT guests could stay there and they might be more lenient about guest pass issues. They also have a new Negril cliffs location opening late 2008 and the prices there can't be beat! I know there are a lot of these type of places.
                    Thanks... they look pretty good, will definately check them out when I'm down there...




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users