Sign in to follow this  
Alipires1

Sand Ceremony

I love the vase! On our site visit we brought back some sand, and I didnt realize until afterwards that you aren't supposed to bring back soil. We just but it in an empty Gatorade bottle and closed it up.

So, I just purchased my sand ceremony stuff this weekend. I took pictures last night so I will post soon, but I thought i'd tell you about it first.

I got it at Hobby Lobby for $12 (well, $23.99 but I bought it half off). It's a picture frame that has three panes which are meant to be used to get a shadow effect. Instead, I will use the first pane area to pour the sand into. I will then attach a photo from the wedding to the third pane and I'll end up with a beautiful shadow frame with our sand ceremony in the back! I'm really excited about it!

After watching Angela's 10.5 minute slideshow... I think she had the same photo frame!

I will post my photos ASAP.

one thing you might want to try if you dont want it to shift is to put a plastic back inside the glass container and fill the plastic bag up with other sand and then tie off the bag then put that entire thing inside a bigger bag. that should keep the other sand from shifting around. i believe i saw McGuyver do that on his wedding special hahah. it should work well though. im worried taht the wax seal would break and you would be left with sand everywhere if you did that.

I recently went to a wedding where they played the ENTIRE song during the unity candle ceremony. I like the idea of playing the song, but not the whole song. Everybody started to look around and looked confused. Just a part of it would be really nice, I think.

ya ... last thing you want is awkwardness during your ceremony. why not just have them fade the song out after a little while so you dont stand there for 2 minutes staring and waiting for the song to end. PLUS im sure people are ready to get out of the sun in their nice clothes and get to the reception by that point anyways wink.gif (and ps thanks for the compliments and ive been to enough weddings to where i usually have some good pointers on this and that )