Hello Everyone...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 negative

• 22 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

Shaun here...

I'm the groom (seems the bride normally posts on this site, but oh well)

Wedding date Aug 30, 2008.

Not sure exactly where yet... just browsing through the forums to get an idea of where exactly.
    I would like to do it primarily in Montego Bay, but Ochi and Negril is looking good after browsing the forums... thats it for now!

#2 foxytv

• VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:44 PM

Welcome and Congrats! You've come to the right place to help narrow it down! Good Luck!

#3 kiki

• Banned
      • 170 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

Ive been to both negril and ocho and prefer NEGRIL but both resorts i went too were beautiful. The riu ocho rios and the riu negril. The sunsets in negril are amazing! Have fun planning!!!

#4 negative

• 22 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:02 PM

Just a quick question about Rui... as it seems most people here have their weddings there

Does 80% of your guests really need to stay there? Most of the people attending would be from Jamaica and I dont think any of them would want to stay at the hotel.

I was thinking about inviting about 100 people (only about 20 - 25 would be from Canada / US). And I doubt even they would want to stay at Rui...

#5 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:04 PM

Welcome to the forum :)

#6 christenew

• 325 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

Welcome. My fiancee questions me daily about what happens on here. I wouldn't be suprised if he logs on when I am not home, so you aren't the only guy.

My travel agent told me that 80% must stay and the others have to pay a day pass fee to attend. I heard Riu is strict on the 80% thing, but contact them to find out for sure. You may have to book off site.

#7 negative

• 22 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:24 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments...

I will try contacting them directly to find out about the guest requirements... but in any case that wasnt my primary choice.

Someone else had posted The Ruins... the pictures look nice... so I'll also contact them and get a quote from that place as well.

My first choice was actually breezes Montego Bay... but they can only accomodate 60 people

So... any suggestions are welcome for locations...I've already checked out sandals but they were out of my range

#8 CarrieRN

• 815 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:28 PM

Welcome to the forum!
                  Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                  Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

#9 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:46 AM

Welcome to the forum, we have several grooms on here

#10 Spazz

• VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:47 AM

to the forum! It's nice to see another groom on here. Happy planning!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users