Calling all May 2008 Brides

How far along is everyone else is in thier planning?

I'm not sure what I should have done by now, other than I have to get my bum in gear and go dress shopping. I was supposed to do it this weekend since David's Bridal is having their $99 sale but that will have to wait till next weekend since I came down with a cold last night.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking in---just a heads up, I did this once before and freaked everyone out!

I am doing pretty well, I am off from school for winter break so I am getting tons done. I have ordered my dress and will have it in February. I hope you are able to find something pretty soon--are you looking to just buy off the rack?

We have sent out invites to our OOT guests ( I started as a DW but now am doing local)

We have our rings.

FH needs to order tux

I need to talk to my sister about flowers.

Talk to my mom about the cake ( she's making it)

See if the "free" wedding coordinator is going to pan out and then thank God I found her.

Find a dj or keep loading songs on top laptop to play that night.

I have already found someone to do my hair.

I am feeling pretty good about what I have done and what I have yet to do. Slowly working on stuff over the past few months is really paying off. Granted my house is a huge mess because there is wedding stuff everywhere

Ours is an April wedding ... but just a few weeks before yours!

This past week we just ordered our rings and tonight I ordered the GM shirts.

I have my first dress fitting in February. Still have to buy my undergarmets.

Still have to finalize reception plans, but really we can do that at the resort when we get there.

Still working to download music to our iPods and put together our playlists.

Need to design and print OOT bag hang tags, Welcome Letters, Timelines, etc.

Also, need to confirm guest list for DW and get info mailed out to guests in March.

I'm trying to think of everything else b/c I know there is still a TON more to do. UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycow View Post
I'm not sure what I should have done by now, other than I have to get my bum in gear and go dress shopping. I was supposed to do it this weekend since David's Bridal is having their $99 sale but that will have to wait till next weekend since I came down with a cold last night.
OMG!!! You and I are in the same position!!! First of all, I was going to post some type of thread like this too because I have no clue what all I need to do! wink.gif

I too have not ordered my dress!! I am still trying to narrow it down and because I had finals and a really crazy semester, I was too busy on the weekends to go shopping. Then I was going to go today..but I also came down with a cold and I feel like crap! So I think I have to put it off until next weekend also! ;( I am getting nervous that it won't be enough time to order it, but they always have the pay extra-rush option so that's what I get! sad.gif

As far as what I have done so far??

-Booked Vacation (Dreams-Los Cabo via Tammie-host)
-Booked Location (Fiesta Americana-Imperial Suite)
-Booked Wedding Coordinator (Maye Cortinas)
-Booked Photographer (Tomas Barron)
-Booked Cake (Sweet Dreams - still deciding on the look and flavor)
-Booked Trio
-Sent Save the Dates (Not sure if sending invites)

Still need to do:
-download crapload of music for the Ipod (Fiance will be in charge of this)
-Buy fiance a suit
-Buy fiance ring (I am not getting a band)
-Buy my dress
-Buy all the accessories (shoes, undergarments, jewelry, etc...)
-Buy gifts for the moh and bm
-Decide on oot bags or another gift as alternative to guests and buy it
-Finalize the menu w/ FA and put down deposit
-Finalize cake w/ Deena @ sweet dreams
-Make a decision on my centerpieces and other table accessories and buy them or notify maye to add to my tally
-Lose 30 lbs
-Book transportation for guests from dreams to FA for wedding day
-decide if we are doing welcome dinner and arrange that
-Make decision on chair ties
-Decide on Flowers for decoration (Bouquets are determined)
-Buy candles, fake rose petals, starfish for place setting, etc...
-Make menu cards for the table
-Decide on Schedule of events
-Book Hair/Make-up (Still deciding if I want to have it done-have call in to Suzanne Morel)

OMG....now I am really freaked out as I am typing all the things I need to do!!! I suddenly feel a little overwhelmed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycow View Post
OMG!!! You and I are in the same position!!! First of all, I was going to post some type of thread like this too because I have no clue what all I need to do! wink.gif

I too have not ordered my dress!! I am still trying to narrow it down and because I had finals and a really crazy semester, I was too busy on the weekends to go shopping. Then I was going to go today..but I also came down with a cold and I feel like crap! So I think I have to put it off until next weekend also! ;( I am getting nervous that it won't be enough time to order it, but they always have the pay extra-rush option so that's what I get! sad.gif

As far as what I have done so far??

-Booked Vacation (Dreams-Los Cabo via Tammie-host)
-Booked Location (Fiesta Americana-Imperial Suite)
-Booked Wedding Coordinator (Maye Cortinas)
-Booked Photographer (Tomas Barron)
-Booked Cake (Sweet Dreams - still deciding on the look and flavor)
-Booked Trio
-Sent Save the Dates (Not sure if sending invites)

Still need to do:
-download crapload of music for the Ipod (Fiance will be in charge of this)
-Buy fiance a suit
-Buy fiance ring (I am not getting a band)
-Buy my dress
-Buy all the accessories (shoes, undergarments, jewelry, etc...)
-Buy gifts for the moh and bm
-Decide on oot bags or another gift as alternative to guests and buy it
-Finalize the menu w/ FA and put down deposit
-Finalize cake w/ Deena @ sweet dreams
-Make a decision on my centerpieces and other table accessories and buy them or notify maye to add to my tally
-Lose 30 lbs
-Book transportation for guests from dreams to FA for wedding day
-decide if we are doing welcome dinner and arrange that
-Make decision on chair ties
-Decide on Flowers for decoration (Bouquets are determined)
-Buy candles, fake rose petals, starfish for place setting, etc...
-Make menu cards for the table
-Decide on Schedule of events
-Book Hair/Make-up (Still deciding if I want to have it done-have call in to Suzanne Morel)

OMG....now I am really freaked out as I am typing all the things I need to do!!! I suddenly feel a little overwhelmed!!!

This is a great thread, I really needed to make a list and compare with others.

What I have done:

- bought dress, shoes, accessories

- bridesmaids ordered their dresses

- location, reception, welcome party, rehearsal confirmed

- hang tags done

- bought OOT bags and some stuff for them

- wedding band purchased

- BMs gifts done

- moms' gifts done

- purchased small gifts for WC, hairdresser, etc.

- ringbearers gifts done

- ordered pants for FI and groomsmen

- booked BD session

- booked honeymoon

- booked photographer and printed out list of required photos

- invitations done (not sent out yet)

- have frames for memory charms for bouquet

- have pictures and poem for dads' memory frame

- bought memory candle for our dads'

- bought guest book

- bought and put together centerpieces

- fans done

- table numbers done

- bought place cards

- chose menu for reception

- booked hair appointments

- booked dj

Need to do:

- figure out flowers/parasols

- find shirts and flip flops for FI and groomsmen

- find outfits for ringbearers

- finish programs

- buy more stuff for OOT bags

- buy FI's band

- buy cake topper

- buy starfish bouquet jewel

- make playlist for ipod for welcome party

- figure out seating for tables

- decide on excursion for guests

- make travel brochures for guests

- finish shells for ringbearers

- buy tons of clothes (dresses, bathing suits, etc) for Jamaica

Ok so we all fall into overachievers and underachievers? I didn't pick my place and set my date until mid-December, so I'm pretty behind for my May 4 date! I'm sending approximately 150 invites and am expecting approximately 100 guests to come (if more come, it should get interesting as our site is pretty small!)

done:

deposit on site (Al Cielo)

booked our trip (Grand Riviera Maya / Sunset Princess)

photographer (Elizabeth Medina)

picked out dinner menu (at Al Cielo)

trio (thru Al Cielo)

cake (thru Al Cielo)

sent e-SaveTheDates

made website (so people would book Princess thru our TA)

ordered dress (Cymbeline, due in early April)

figured out bridal party (pretty much, as of today)

not done:

order invites (hopefully done with this on Monday)

make invites (components coming late January, I'm stupid and picked

complicated design)

send invites

REGISTER - Ugh this is my weekend project, in addition to finding all the addresses for invites

videographer (Paul Schrank at playaweddings if he writes back?)

FI still has to finish asking his groomsmen to do the honor

pick out what groom & groomsmen will wear- need help for beach chic/elegant - linen suit with no tie? groom looks bad in white...

pick bridesmaid dresses (want red knee length and fun, not too bridesmaidy and not too casual, but everything in red looks cheesy sadly)

find officiant (family or friend or very liberal rabbi since my FI is not Jewish)

pick flowers

pick canapes for cocktail hour

pick centerpieces (why do they only have white orchids in Mexico? I want red!)

pick music for DJ

find mp3 to see if trio can play our wedding song

PLAN REHEARSAL DINNER (stupid resort isn't getting back to me) and send additional invites or evite to this.

plan extra activity possibly - Hidden Worlds? for people who stay longer

find shoes and veil? and figure out what to do with my hair

find hairstylist and makeup person in Riviera Maya and figure out where to get ready - resort or site

order OOT totes

find silkscreener or whatever to personalize the totes

figure out what to put in the totes

make welcome letter for totes (anyone know where to get cane or rattan or bamboo like paper?)

make placecards (donations to Heal the Bay or Surfrider)

make programs

order fans for guests at wedding

buy bridesmaid & groomsmen gifts

probably forgetting a lot but as you see, I can make you feel all more accomplished and prepared in comparison, right?