Mini-meltdown confession

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 Jessica

Jessica
  • VIP Member
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

Aww, I feel you Christa! I am the ultimate neat freak and Brian is a total slob. I have had many flip outs over the messes he leaves behind in rooms I've just cleaned.

#12 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:05 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christa
      OMG Martha, there is NO WAY the litter box would fit in either of the restrooms. That's how small this place is! It's best where it is at this point. And it has a cover, so it's like a house. Can't drop laundry in it.

The one an only time I've ever lived in an apartment was in college. Back then it was cool. Now, not so cool.

**The bathroom is great too. It has this three door medicine cabinet as the mirror. Every time you touch one single thing in there, everything on the shelf falls over like dominos. It is awesome!

Ha! Sounds like fun!

You could be like this guy ----> rocking in the corner.

#13 Diana

Diana
      • 167 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:20 PM

oh god! you poor thing.... you should treat yourself to something nice..... later , after you feel a little better you should repeat to yourself over and over again (like a mantra) "this place sure is COZY." if that doesn't work pour yourself a cocktail and try to remember it is not forever!

#14 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
        • VIP Member
        • 2,347 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:33 PM

I completely empathize with you on this one. We have a 1 bedroom/1 bath + den and have been crammed in here for 1.5 years now. We have crap all over the place. I can't even see the surface of our cedar chest because we have to put some tupperware on top because we don't have enough closet space. We walk sideways in our bedroom because the king size bed takes up all the room. The den has become our "spillover", but every weekend Audrey comes to stay with us, I have to move the bike and the stationary bike out to the balcony just so she can flatten the futon to sleep on it.

And sadly, we have no realistic idea when the hell we're going to get out of here and into our own house.

#15 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
          • LocationUtah

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:51 PM

I can't imagine it Christa, it would be driving me mad too. A least you can see the light at the end and hopefully sooner than later you will be in your new gorgeous home with lots of space for all your stuff. I HATE clutter and I think I'd be pulling my hair out right now if I were in your shoes...

#16 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
          • LocationUtah

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:51 PM

OOPs double post!

#17 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:54 PM

i live in a 1 room loft with a newborn and 2 cats...i want to scream some days. i own a townhouse that is twice as big as this place...3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, formal dining room, gourmet kitchen, water views...that is RENTED!! and we live here...in the middle of san francisco...with motorcycles and buses waking up my baby....while we look for a new house.

some days i want to kill people...

serenity now...serenity now...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#18 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:57 AM

Thanks you guys for making me feel better. It's nice to know I am not alone in my madness...not that I want any of you ladies to be in cramped quarters...but you know, misery loves company.

Maria - wow, I totally had no idea. 1 bed/1 bath & Audrey on the weekends...you have me beat.

Diana - seriously, drinking is the norm since we've been here. Don't even need encouragement. But you are right, I should do something for myself. I need to find a yoga class or something.

Tammy - omg how frustrating! You must want to kick your renters out like yesterday. Thanks for making me see I'm not alone. And yes, the serenity prayer is awesome, even if you aren't in AA :)

Catherine - wanna come & clean at our house? Actually, we're pretty clean, just cramped & cluttered. UGH.

I love you guys!

#19 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:59 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by host
              i live in a 1 room loft with a newborn and 2 cats...i want to scream some days. i own a townhouse that is twice as big as this place...3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, formal dining room, gourmet kitchen, water views...that is RENTED!! and we live here...in the middle of san francisco...with motorcycles and buses waking up my baby....while we look for a new house.

some days i want to kill people...

serenity now...serenity now...
              that sucks! i had no idea. will your tenants be leaving the townhouse anytime soon, or are they long term renters. i would be so tempted to try and get them to move the heck out... sounds like a nice place.

#20 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:02 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Christa
              Tammy - omg how frustrating! You must want to kick your renters out like yesterday. Thanks for making me see I'm not alone. And yes, the serenity prayer is awesome, even if you aren't in AA :)

I love you guys!
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
              that sucks! i had no idea. will your tenants be leaving the townhouse anytime soon, or are they long term renters. i would be so tempted to try and get them to move the heck out... sounds like a nice place.
              i would kick them out but we really want to buy a new house and they are great tenants and we don't want to move twice so we are just gonna suck it up for a little longer...but pray we find a house soon...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users