Photo

Parasols vs. Bouquets

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 Alipires1

Alipires1
  • 298 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:43 AM

Thanks! BTW I have pictures of my friend's bouquet and the flower we carried from Rui Ocho Rio. PM me if you want them.

#12 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:49 AM

I am only doing parasols for my BM's too...I think they will look so classy and they will be shielded from the sun.

#13 Jenn

Jenn
      • 1,557 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:34 AM

I think parasols alone would look fantastic! If you have your heart set on flowers, will the RIU let you bring in from an outside florist? I'm getting my flowers in Montego Bay and so far am really happy with my florist. Granted, my stepfather is a florist, so we are buying in bulk and arranging ourselves, but this place has been REALLY helpful so far, and cheap! They are from the states, which also makes them a little easier to work with. The store is called TPG distributors and I have the owners email. Find out if you can bring in from outside and maybe it will work for you!

#14 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Hopels
          I think parasols alone would look fantastic! If you have your heart set on flowers, will the RIU let you bring in from an outside florist? I'm getting my flowers in Montego Bay and so far am really happy with my florist. Granted, my stepfather is a florist, so we are buying in bulk and arranging ourselves, but this place has been REALLY helpful so far, and cheap! They are from the states, which also makes them a little easier to work with. The store is called TPG distributors and I have the owners email. Find out if you can bring in from outside and maybe it will work for you!

I researched tons of outside florists and my plan was to use one. I had a great quote from one in Kingston and I confirmed with the RIU that I was allowed to use an outside florist at no additional charge, so I thought I was all set. Well, when I contacted the florist a few weeks ago to tell her I was ready to send my deposit and confirm everything, she told me that she does not do contracts. So I am very uneasy with sending almost $600 internationally with no contract to someone I've never met. That's why I started researching the parasol idea.
          If you could give me the owners email to TPG, that would be awesome!

#15 Jenn

Jenn
          • 1,557 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:49 PM

Lizz - I will PM you. I don't know what they charge for arrangements, but loose flowers are cheap. They have 2 locations - MoBay and Kingston. If you can wait a little while longer, I can definitely get more info from them when I'm down there :)

#16 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hopels
              Lizz - I will PM you. I don't know what they charge for arrangements, but loose flowers are cheap. They have 2 locations - MoBay and Kingston. If you can wait a little while longer, I can definitely get more info from them when I'm down there :)
              I got your PM.
              I can wait til you get back, no problem. I can't believe you're going so soon!!!!

#17 Jenn

Jenn
              • 1,557 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lizz
                I got your PM.
                I can wait til you get back, no problem. I can't believe you're going so soon!!!!

I know... its really getting close! Ack! I have most of my stuff ready though. Few last minute details, but I should be ready!

#18 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:45 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Alipires1
                  If you like the look, but want more of a bouquet then you can do this.
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  That's really nice. I'm going to show my girls them.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#19 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:14 PM

Here are pics of their dresses and the parasol that I bought from
                    That would be great. I'll send you a PM!

#20 Jenn

Jenn
                    • 1,557 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:10 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                      Here are pics of their dresses and the parasol that I bought from Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Carly - I know I've said this before, but I love the dresses and parasols you chose! They are going to be gorgeous!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users