• VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:29 AM

oh yeah , and parmesan cheese!

#12 starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:36 AM

Thanks Lauren!!! I love parmesan and ricotta is sooo good.....sometimes I make this pasta with ricotta and nutmeg (believe it or not) and it is fabulous! Ricotta on pizza sounds grrrrreat!

#13 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:53 PM

When I was little, my dad & I made pizza together every Friday- it was our fun little family tradition. We used the pizza crust recipe from the Better Home & Gardens cookbook. It's super easy...

2 3/4 to 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
        1 package active dry yeast
        1/4 teaspoon salt
        1 cup warm water (120-130 degrees)
        2 tablespoons cooking oil

In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/4 cups flour, yeast, and salt. Add water and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can. Turn out on a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6-8 minutes total). Divide in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.

For pan pizzas, bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until brown, then top with toppings and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. For thin pizza bake in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes or until brown, then top with toppings and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.

This recipe will usually provide enough dough for 2 small pan pizzas, or one large cookie-sheet sized rectangle pizza.

Your toppings sound delicious! My favorite is pizza with banana peppers and feta cheese :)

#14 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

Jamy - add roasted red peppers and sauteed broccoli rabe to your list - YUM YUM

make sure the roasted red peppers do not sit in water or oil - lay them on paper towels do dry them out a little bit otherwise the water ruins the cheese / crust.

as for the broccoli rabe, just steam or saute first and cut in bite size pieces.

YUM - can we come over?

#15 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by starchild
            You can grill pizza and I'm just finding out about this? Holy smokes! So you just put the raw dough on the grill?
            Yep! :) Grill all the veggies & meats first. Once those are done, it's time for the dough...

Spray the dough on one side with Pam Grilling (lightly), then put it on the grill for about 2 minutes with the lid closed. Spray the other side of the dough, quickly put the toppings on the side already grilled, close the lid and leave on there for about 2-3 minutes.

VIOLA! It's the best pizza you'll ever have. :)

#16 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

i've had pizza parties...it is pretty easy to make your own dough and sauce.

you definitely need to have a pizza stone and one of those wood things to put pizza in and take it out...i think it is actually a good idea to have 2 of them...you can make the pizza on one while a pizza is in the oven and take the pizza out with the other wood thing.

also, it is fun to just provide the basics...dough, sauce, cheese and have everyone bring 1 or 2 toppings..

i like:

sundried tomatoes
            grilled veggies (egg plant, zuchinni)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#17 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

I love feta cheese, garlic, and spinach on pizza, sometimes I throw in tomatoes too!

#18 -Kate-

• VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:05 PM

I love spinach, garlic, feta and pine nuts on pizza!

#19 Diana

• 167 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:53 PM

Why must I suffer this way? As soon as I decide to "cut back" aka diet everything sounds so good I must have it? I will not order pizza....I will not order pizza.... I will not order pizza.... OK- I give- where is the phone book!

#20 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,680 posts
                  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                  • LocationUtah

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:09 AM

We use the Kraft kits alot of the time and then just improvise by adding some garlic salt, oregano and garlic powder. It makes the crust so yummy!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users