Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

Recommended Posts

To All Future LC Brides~

 

I know how it is to get all caught up in creating and preparing "little" stuff like menu cards and table number stuff. Just remember that LC is such an amazing place that your guests will remember the thousands of candles and the good food and the ocean, not your menu cards or the favors you gave them. By all means do them if you want, but please don't stress over small stuff like that. Your day is not about these things it is about marrying the man of your dreams and having a good time with friends and family. Also don't forget about your future hubby. Spend time with him during this whole planning process. DH got super jealous that I spent more time on this site and was more focused on the wedding than him.

 

LC is sooooo peaceful, ENJOY it! You deserve it, don't stress. I thought I would be a nervous wreck on my day. I took a two and half hour nap b/c the casita is that peaceful. You can hear the birds singing and the trees rattling outside. The breeze just flows in through the windows and it is just AMAZING. I have been to lots of places and have never been able to get this kind of feeling. This made my day that much better and allowed me to take everything in and REMEMBER it. I have a lot of friends getting married now and they all say it was the worse day of their life b/c it was sooo stressful and they couldn't enjoy themselves. I feel so bad for them b/c its not supposed to be that way.

 

Trust me and everyone else who has said it on here. LC is BEAUTIFUL by itself without any added extras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad to hear that because a lot of things that girls on the board mention, I hadn't even thought of. Just when I think I have it all taken care of, something new comes up like menu cards- LOL! I don't think I am going to do those...

 

meanwhile, some of the things that the people on here say I dont have to do, my lovely mother insists is standard protocol. Uhg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's the nice thing about it being YOUR wedding ... you can make it what YOU want it to be! and really, you're not having a "standard" wedding ... isn't that why most of us chose to have a destination wedding ... to avoid all that fuddy duddy 'standard' stuff! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mel is 100% right on-the-money. When I look back now, what I LOVED about our wedding was that I had such a peaceful, wonderful day... and in the planning process, I could focus on the things I wanted to and leave the rest to Nicole.

 

I decided that the ceremony was the most important to me (I brought my own minister - a friend of the family), plus the music for the whole event - ceremony, dinner, and dancing - was important. I also wanted to have bilingual fan programs (English on one side, Spanish on the other), and I wanted specific flowers, and a giant brownie instead of a cake. I also made the table assignments, place cards, and table names. I also made cute OOT bags for all of the guests. Those were the things that were important to me. Those are the things that mattered, to me... Other than that, I just left it to Nicole. I didn't do centerpieces... there were tons of candles and on the day of the wedding Kelley showed me the table runners they had, so I chose a couple of colors. I promise you, no one was worried about it.

 

Here was my day: 8:15 on the boat, 9:15 arrival at LC, 10:00 yoga, 11:00 massage, 11:30 beach time, 1:00 lunch, 2:00 champagne in the jacuzzi, and then I got ready... it was SO relaxing and SO "zen!" I was completely in my "happy place"... and when I walked down the aisle with my dad, toward my adorable hubby... it was perfect.

 

YAY LC!!! YAY NICOLE!!!

 

Girls - DON'T STRESS. Just enjoy it. You've picked the right place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to be honest... I kind of like stressing/obsessing over my place cards and random stuff like that! If I don't obsess over it now, when will I ever get another chance to?

 

Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha - Tara, I was the same way! I obsessed about everything up until the day of the wedding, then the day of, I was in total relaxation mode - just really excited and happy that all I had to do was put my dress on about 4:30!!!!!

 

Lindsay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
To All Future LC Brides~

I know how it is to get all caught up in creating and preparing "little" stuff like menu cards and table number stuff. Just remember that LC is such an amazing place that your guests will remember the thousands of candles and the good food and the ocean, not your menu cards or the favors you gave them. By all means do them if you want, but please don't stress over small stuff like that. Your day is not about these things it is about marrying the man of your dreams and having a good time with friends and family. Also don't forget about your future hubby. Spend time with him during this whole planning process. DH got super jealous that I spent more time on this site and was more focused on the wedding than him.

LC is sooooo peaceful, ENJOY it! You deserve it, don't stress. I thought I would be a nervous wreck on my day. I took a two and half hour nap b/c the casita is that peaceful. You can hear the birds singing and the trees rattling outside. The breeze just flows in through the windows and it is just AMAZING. I have been to lots of places and have never been able to get this kind of feeling. This made my day that much better and allowed me to take everything in and REMEMBER it. I have a lot of friends getting married now and they all say it was the worse day of their life b/c it was sooo stressful and they couldn't enjoy themselves. I feel so bad for them b/c its not supposed to be that way.

Trust me and everyone else who has said it on here. LC is BEAUTIFUL by itself without any added extras.
Very well said. I need to keep this and make a giant post it note to remind myself of these things! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahL View Post
Mel is 100% right on-the-money. When I look back now, what I LOVED about our wedding was that I had such a peaceful, wonderful day... and in the planning process, I could focus on the things I wanted to and leave the rest to Nicole.


Here was my day: 8:15 on the boat, 9:15 arrival at LC, 10:00 yoga, 11:00 massage, 11:30 beach time, 1:00 lunch, 2:00 champagne in the jacuzzi, and then I got ready... it was SO relaxing and SO "zen!" I was completely in my "happy place"... and when I walked down the aisle with my dad, toward my adorable hubby... it was perfect.
Ahhhh, that sounds delish love.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
I have to be honest... I kind of like stressing/obsessing over my place cards and random stuff like that! If I don't obsess over it now, when will I ever get another chance to?

Ha!

I don't know if I would call it stressing (well yet... I am still 9 months away) BUT I am definitely looking forward to some of the random things!

Some of my friends are also in the midst of wedding planning...but not a DW...I see what they have to worry about...Limo, catering, reception location, ceremony location, DJ, Cake bakery, Photog, etc., etc.! their lists are seriously NEVER ENDING! LC for me has already been such a "one stop shop" which I LOVE! so if it it is just the small little things to worry about then bring them on! we will only be doing this stuff once!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so happy that most of the big stuff is done. I enjoyed making the menu cards, etc. I like doing all the finishing touches.

 

Sarah your day sounded amazing! That is exactly what I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×