Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

right - i am sure you can do it the same day as a wedding, it's not like they make a special trip for the bride. Nicole wouldn't be able to spend an entire day with you since she'd be busy with the wedding, but i don't think that would be needed anyway!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marla

I've decided I don't want to do a site visit as we will lose a day with our guests at the resort. Instead of the site visit Nicole said I can add an additional 2 people to come over early on the day of the wedding. This works perfectly for me because I was using the 3 included spots for my MOH and 2 bridesmaids and now I can have my mom and sister come over early as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat4crim View Post
Marla

I've decided I don't want to do a site visit as we will lose a day with our guests at the resort. Instead of the site visit Nicole said I can add an additional 2 people to come over early on the day of the wedding. This works perfectly for me because I was using the 3 included spots for my MOH and 2 bridesmaids and now I can have my mom and sister come over early as well.
that's exactly my line of thought - i just didn't see the point in going over there a couple days before the wedding. i just wanted to relax!

Newbie here!

I am a PV bride to be too! I just got engaged last Tuesday and am super excited.

LC looks amazing and I am shocked at how quickly Nicole got back to me.

I am looking at October 10, 2007.

This place seems like a dream come true!

Gosh, I am so excited. Okay, I will stop rambling.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Yari

Quote:
Originally Posted by yari2566@mac.com View Post
Oops I meant October 10, 2008...

My mom is driving me a little nuts, she doesn't like the whole boat idea. I hope she can get over it!
My mom gets sea sick really easily....or any kind of motion sickness actually. She went to LC for the Rythms of the Night show and she said she had no issues. She didn't get sick at all and I don't think she took any meds either. I was really surprised.

If your mom took something, I'm sure she will be ok. I think Jamy reported a few people getting sick on her wedding, but they didn't take any dramamine (I think). I don't plan on taking any because I had a really bad reaction to compazine and the doctor told me to avoid dramamine or any other meds that ended in -zine or -mine. I couldn't imagine taking some to prevent motion sickness then end up with a really bad allergic reaction!

Yep we had some sickies who thought they were above dramamine and tossed their cookies. Our people who drank and took dramamine were fine, although I think the label advises against it. There is now a "less-drowsy" version of dramamine so check that out.

For people who can't take dramamine-like pills, I have heard those seasick bracelets help. They sell them at my Walgreens.

Hi Everybody!

My name is Hilary, and I have been spending the last - oh 24 hours or so reading the 80 pages of info on here. Completely lame I know. However, I've had a hell of a time trying to plan this wedding and am now COMPLETELY convinced Caletas is for us! Hooray!!!

To explain the troubles we've had and ask for a little advice, let me explain my current situation. We had put down a deposit at our resort (Velas Vallarta) to do it there. Then we weren't getting good responses partially due to the language barrier and partially due to the fact that we were only dealing with the food and beverage coordinator - no WC! So I searched and found a company that plans weddings in PV, contacted them, and got the ball rolling in that way. So that wedding planner called the resort and asked if my deposit could be put towards rooms instead since we were trying to coordinate everything through her. She says that they have agreed to this request. Her boss called the general manager, she called the food and beverage coordinator - there were all of these conversations going on. I was getting a really creeped out feeling because there was this BIG push (I felt veryyyy rushed) from the wedding planner via phone and email to put down a deposit. (Yes I understand working for free is no fun, but I wasn't ready yet and for good reason!!) Then the wedding planner went out of town for three days. Instead of planning the wedding, I decided to check out how much scuba/snorkel was. In doing this I discovered Adventure Vallarta and then shortly after Adventure Weddings. I am completely sold now and will not get married anywhere else. I know I need to tell the original wedding planner that I am not going to go with her services. However, I'm scared to do this before talking to the resort. It will be impossible to explain the new situation to them considering all of the language barriers though, so we're having someone call that speaks Spanish. Now my fiance is being a total pessimist and is CONVINCED that the wedding planner will be pissed, and the resort won't treat us the same (we and all of our guests are staying there for a week). Not to mention the fear that the deposit won't be given back to us since we will no longer be getting married at the resort. Any advise about how to handle this situation? If not, anyone less pessimistic than my fiance? haha

Other questions - we are getting married on July 3rd - rainy season! Did anyone get married in the rain? If it were to be heavy rain all night - those of you that have seen the location - can you imagine a ceremony, reception, and dancing under the big tiki hut looking covering? I can see the ceremony, the dinner - but the dancing - is there enough room for this? My group (50ish) is going to be "interesting" or "rowdy" depending on how you want to put it. And we definitely need something to keep them busy (or drinking slower) - dancing! Any thoughts on this? Ok this is one of the longer posts so I"ll hush, but I should be on here pretty frequently in the next little while. Oh also, how do you work this website? I want to put up a picture, not be considered a lurker, etc haha. Thanks in advance for the help and thanks for all of you that have posted on here in the past - very helpful for newbies!!

Hooray! We have a travel agent that speaks Spanish calling to sort it all out for us today. As soon as that is dealt with, we will be paying Nicole a deposit this week. I'll let you all know when we are *officially* signed up. Thanks for all the welcome messages! A few questions - did any of you upgrade the bar offerings? I'm not sure what exactly is offered to begin with so it's hard to know if we want to upgrade or not :) Also, do you have to book massage(s) at the spa in advance or can you decide day of? Lastly, how did you all handle the DJ situation? Did you give him a list of music or CD's in advance or...? We just don't want to get stuck with the YMCA, cha cha slide, etc. (I have emailed these questions to Nicole, I am just interested in your opinions/experiences!) Thanks!!