Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really hoping I can use silk rose petals since I won't be able to purchase centerpieces and real rose petals ($25 a bag is very expensive especially considering the cost of silk ones). Also, I wonder how many bags you would need to cover the runnerhuh.gif

I really never thought that I would not be able to use silk petals on the ground sad.gif I'm wondering whether it would be permissible if staff cleaned them up after the ceremony and pics?? If not, I guess I may have to consider a coloured runnerhuh.gif I don't like the idea of walking down a beige aisle with no colour. And I doubt adding 1-2 bag of real petals would make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Funny....I'm usually the cheap one but $25 a bag seems fair to me for real petals, although I didn't price shop so maybe that is high? Nicole will let you use paper lanterns anywhere you want . . . bring extra batteries.
No, I don't even know if this is a steal. Personally, it's not worth the effect for me. I'd rather spend the money for more candles. It's probably just a personal preference thing since I'm not fond of rose petals to begin with. I would have some, but not for $25 for a bag. That's just me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
ok, what's the deal with the toilet paper? and how was that topic only discussed in 2 posts?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? isn't it going to get smelly in the bathroomshuh.gifhuh.gif?

It really isn't a big deal at all! It doesn't smell at all - we have been out to LC several times (including the wedding) and have never noticed it being smelly or anything - the staff keep it very clean and you just don't notice it...it's not a big deal at all - I swear! You can't flush the paper b/c of the plumbing I think. Actually there are several bars/restaurants in PV that ask that you do not flush the paper - you just put it in the wastebasket, and that's it! I've never been grossed out or noticed it smelled. It's a little strange, but really it's not a big deal - just different from what we're used to!

Lindsay

Oops...didn't mean to start a panic . . .LOL I only brought it up as an example of how au natural LC is. Nicole told everyone and there are signs by the toilets - that's how we noticed it.

Like Lindsay says they keep it clean, maybe they empty the trash often? Again, it's not like the bathrooms are well lit so if something ugly were in the trash it's not on display like it would be in most bathrooms.

Sorry for the confusion guys, the bathrooms are the least of any worries.

Starchild,

I tricked my computer and copied and pasted those photos onto a word document and they magically appeared. I absolutely love the calla lillies on the plates. Did you have those as your flowers or did you use the basic floral package Nicole provides? I really want purple calla lillies. Do you think that's possible? I do also like the one Lindsay had which I believe where the basic ones. Not that they were basic by any means!!

Thanks for the photos. I don't think I need any extra floral centerpieces esp if it already comes with two. Did you have enough flowers to cover the runner and tables adequately in your opinion or do you wish you'd have purchased more?

Oh, I noticed the black runner on the dinner table. Did you and your hubby sit behind that at the head table or was that there for another purpose like a guest book signing or something?

Was black one of your colors? I think it looks gorgeous which I'd never guess but seeing it is really stunning. My dress will have some lavendar in it so I'll ask Nicole for a lavendar one. Did you pay extra for it?

Cool, glad it worked. I had calla lillies in my bouquet and it wasn't extra - I think one bouquet with any flowers you want is included. I didn't know she was putting calla lillies on the table but I was happy to see them, there wasn't a charge for that at all. I bet she could get purple ones for you. There were enough petals on the tables for my liking, the aisle I think could have used more to be fully carpeted in petals. The way it was they were just scattered here and there by the flower girl. I didn't notice it that day and it was all removed promptly after the ceremony so it wasn't a big deal, but if you want heavy petals on the aisle I would get at least 3 bags just for that - Nicole can help with the logistics.

*side note - you have 2 aisle options based on what you want to face, one in a straight line from the stairs like Ann and Lindsay had, or one that is L-shaped which I had. I think the straight one is nice because it gives you a straight path to the alter. We had no choice but to have the L-shaped one because we wanted the ocean immediately behind us and you can't do that if the aisle goes straight off the stairs. Nicole went over these options at our site visit*

Yes the table with the black runner was our head table for 2 - I loved the setup because it's not often we'll sit at the head of any table together, it sounds silly but it added to the feeling of "this is our wedding day!". Since our group was tiny it worked well and we were able to see everyone. The table decor was a surprise, Nicole picked that and like you I NEVER would have chosen black but it was really striking. The guestbook table was off to the side overlooking the beach, she also designed that and I was very happy with the outcome. I told her she had creative control so she did her thing. They have like 4 or 5 colors of runners (and that is included in the package) so ask Nicole, I bet she could work out lavendar if they don't already have it. That would be really pretty with the pink building. Nice color choice!

Guest book table (which turns into the cake table):

Click the image to open in full size.

I think we had 2 or 3 bags of petals for ours - I'm thinking 2 - but I really would have liked more down the aisle...it was just a few scattered here and there - but the table had enough on, just something to give it some color.

Jamy - I didn't even know that the aisle could be moved...I liked how our aisle was straight down from the stairs, but I wish we could have had the ocean behind us! I wish I'd have known we could move it!!! (Oh well - just have to have a vow renewal I guess! )

Lindsay