Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ann,

Rachel mentioned you having some sort of crystal curtain on your chuppah? I feel like an idiot, but what is a crystal curtain? You just told Nicole you wanted one and she got it for you? Can you send me a picture of that please? I also thought that the chuppa was an extra charge. I think the basic one was what Lindsay had with the palm fronds. Hmm...something to ask Nicole. How did you know how many centerpieces to order? Do the prices vary depending on the types of flowers used? I am so NOT a flower person. I mean I like them but I just don't know my types!! Does Nicole have choices she showed to you?

Also, as far as the table set up, who decides on this? Is there an option to have one big long table or individual tables? I think I've seen both ways. I figured the individual tables were for larger parties but you had 55 people with one long table so maybe it's just preference.

Thanks again!!

Just thought of something else Ann. Are those flowers your guest tossed at your as you exited? Did you buy those from Nicole? I like that idea.

Also, ladies, I need honest opinions: Would it look tacky to buy fake flower petals from a craft store to spread about the table? They're obviously cheaper than the fresh ones but maybe I shouldn't skimp on this.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaB View Post
Ann,
Also, as far as the table set up, who decides on this? Is there an option to have one big long table or individual tables? I think I've seen both ways. I figured the individual tables were for larger parties but you had 55 people with one long table so maybe it's just preference.
Thanks again!!
Marla, when you meet with Nicole she will ask you what type of set up you like, or if you aren't doing a site inspection/visit before your wedding, you can probably let her know how you would like the tables set up any time before your wedding...and she'll make it happen!

Lindsay

Quote:
Ann,

Rachel mentioned you having some sort of crystal curtain on your chuppah? I feel like an idiot, but what is a crystal curtain? You just told Nicole you wanted one and she got it for you? Can you send me a picture of that please? I showed her pictures of a few chuppas we liked, and she made something similar - i don't have any idea what teh hanging beads were - they were probably plastic.

Click the image to open in full size.

I also thought that the chuppa was an extra charge. I think the basic one was what Lindsay had with the palm fronds. Hmm...something to ask Nicole. I do think what lindsay had was what you'd have if you didn't request anything different. I think the chuppa upcharge may have been built into another fee? i didn't even know there was one, to be honest. How did you know how many centerpieces to order? i didn't specify any number to Nicole at all - she must have just based the # on how many tables, and where she thought they needed to be placed. Do the prices vary depending on the types of flowers used? I am so NOT a flower person. I mean I like them but I just don't know my types!! Does Nicole have choices she showed to you? I just sent Nicole a few pics of bouquets and centerpieces i liked, and she took it from there - i didn't specify types of flowers. i am sure prices would vary - but i think i also told her at some point that if it was A LOT more, to let me know. i really did just put everything in her hands. i don't even know what kind of flowers i had!

You can see what I sent Nicole in the attached document - both for chuppa and centerpieces. And below are pictures of my chuppa.

Also, as far as the table set up, who decides on this? like the day before we left, we worked with nicole on a seating chart. you don't have to have one, but if you want one you can let her know. the setup depends on how many people you have (we had about 55). Is there an option to have one big long table or individual tables? I think I've seen both ways. I figured the individual tables were for larger parties but you had 55 people with one long table so maybe it's just preference. I didn't have 1 large table - but I would have loved to! It just didn't work with our group. I've attached a copy of our seating chart as well.
Thanks again!!
Quote:
Just thought of something else Ann. Are those flowers your guest tossed at your as you exited? Did you buy those from Nicole? I like that idea. they are rose petals - i did ask nicole to get me those, and she placed them in baskets at the end of each aisle. you can see my mom holding a basket here ...

Also, ladies, I need honest opinions: Would it look tacky to buy fake flower petals from a craft store to spread about the table? They're obviously cheaper than the fresh ones but maybe I shouldn't skimp on this.

i don't think these petals are that expensive - lindsay, was it $25/bag? also, not sure if they'd like fake, just because they'd have to clean them up and make sure none were left since those wouldn't be great for the environment. but i have no idea, i could be way off.

Thanks
I tried to get everything - let me know if you have more questions, Marla!

Wedding Stuff - Decor.doc

seating chart.ppt

Quote:
Just thought of something else Ann. Are those flowers your guest tossed at your as you exited? Did you buy those from Nicole? I like that idea.

Thanks
I think you can use fake ones. I'm considering using some fake and some real. There was a link on here in which a lot of the girls commented on how real the fake ones looked. I don't have time to find it now (since I SHOULD be working), but I have it bookmarked at home. I'll give it to you if you like.

Quote:
Lindsay,
Did your photographer come with you on the boat and get pictures of you getting ready or did you not get any of those pictures?
Hi Marla;

No, the photographer didn't come with us on the boat in the morning, he came on the boat with Ed and the rest of our guests, so we didn't have any professional photos taken of me getting ready - but my parents and bridesmaids had their cameras, so we got a few photos (nothing as beautiful as Ann's though!!)

Lindsay

Lindsay

Did you pay for those rose petals on your table? If so, how many bags did you get?

I think if my table was set up like yours, then that look definately works. If I wanted more, all I would have to do is maybe buy 2 extra centerpieces to spruce up the table.

However, if the tables are split up then I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy a centerpiece for each one.

I want to bring stuff down but afraid vases would break and I would go way over my luggage allowance limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting_for_Sunshine View Post
I think you can use fake ones. I'm considering using some fake and some real. There was a link on here in which a lot of the girls commented on how real the fake ones looked. I don't have time to find it now (since I SHOULD be working), but I have it bookmarked at home. I'll give it to you if you like.
Quoting myself...weird.

Here you go Marla. Silk Rose Petals from Petal Garden

Some of the girls on this forum remarked how life like they looked. Just do a quick search to find the thread. Maybe search "petal garden" or "silk rose petals." I believe Anny bought them for her wedding.