Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

I used Franco and he came out on the boat with us. But we also had the intimate ceremony due to the small group. He brought his equipment with him which was just like a backpack. He used remote flash for the lighting and it worked fine. I was happy with the work but only got the small package. He was willing to do whatever poses we wanted but I really let him be the guide. Also as far as Carlos I think that he didnt show up one time, I was going to use him but after I heard that I didnt want to take the chance. Hope this helps.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi girls. this is totally off topic from the current discussion, so I appologize in advance.

I'm FREAKING out about our wedding. If you've read the ceremony starts at 615 sun sets at 623 thread you have an idea. But the more I think about this the more I flip. I'm checking into chartering a boat so we could start the stuff early. IF that doesn't happen FI and families will go early. So we'll get fam pictures in daylight. However, the ENTIRE wedding ceremony will take place at dusk!!!!!!!!!! then the dinner and reception and going to be super dark. Now i"m worried that i'm going to spend a chunk of change on a photog and all our pictures will be in the dark!

i'm really stressed about this. first off i'd really rather not see joe before the wedding, and i want to be able to see Joe when we say our vows. Not to mention why would i hire a photog to take pictures that probably won't be great since it will be dark out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh, i'm very extremely stressed

Ok, we'll figure this out! I don't know when the sun sets in January, but here are some pictures from LC weddings in that timeframe to give you an idea what it would look like. I think they still look great!

I think this was early Jan - late Dec based on what I got it?

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-fred-soo.html

Ali & Jeff (1/17/2007): http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...s-wedding.html or jeffandali.org

Linsday & Ed (2/14/2007): http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ding-pics.html

Hi Tara;

Our ceremony started a bit late, like maybe 6:30 - 6:45?? The boat was late arriving with the guests and FH - so we were a bit rushed before the ceremony, but we still managed to squeak in a bunch of pictures before it got too dark.

Roberto was very good and even though he was rushed he still got some great daylight shots!!!

I totally understand about having daylight pics - I feel the same way now, after seeing all of the beautiful bright June pics - but I still love our pictures!!!

Lindsay

and Ann is right - the morning boat leaves at 9am...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
hi girls. this is totally off topic from the current discussion, so I appologize in advance.

I'm FREAKING out about our wedding. If you've read the ceremony starts at 615 sun sets at 623 thread you have an idea. But the more I think about this the more I flip. I'm checking into chartering a boat so we could start the stuff early. IF that doesn't happen FI and families will go early. So we'll get fam pictures in daylight. However, the ENTIRE wedding ceremony will take place at dusk!!!!!!!!!! then the dinner and reception and going to be super dark. Now i"m worried that i'm going to spend a chunk of change on a photog and all our pictures will be in the dark!

i'm really stressed about this. first off i'd really rather not see joe before the wedding, and i want to be able to see Joe when we say our vows. Not to mention why would i hire a photog to take pictures that probably won't be great since it will be dark out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh, i'm very extremely stressed
Have you talked to Nicole to be sure of when the sun will set? I think she would be able to give you the best advice. I was also stressed about the same thing. I knew that I wanted the late ceremony as I knew how beautiful Caletas was at night. But really freaking out about having poor quality pictures. But I was happy with how everything turned out. If it helps here is a link to our evening photos:Snapfish: Share:Registration

Good luck

I just booked a couple of weeks ago for my wedding on April 22, 2008. I won't start planning until at least August. I think you have plenty of time. When I looked into Las Caletas the daylight was definately a major consideration.. There was no way I wanted evening pics. I know they are beautifull but for me the point of getting married on a beach was to have bright, daylight beachy pics. FH and I did not want to see each other before the ceremony and so that was not an option. For awhile it looked as if we could not get married in the spring due to flight availability and at that point as much as it would have broken my heart, I was going to walk away from Las Caletas and get married at a resort earlier in the day sometime in November. If I were in your shoes I would change my wedding to the spring if you know it won't cause a problem with having those who are most important attend your wedding.

If I could have done the deluxe wedding during the day I may have, just because the color of the water is so strikingly different at Caletas by day than by night, and the backdrop would have been so different.

In the end I'm overly satisfied with it all. In June the sun sets after 8, pics weren't really dark until we hit the dancefloor. And that afternoon sun is no joke, it would have made everyone way more uncomfortable baking out there. I think April would be lovely if it works out for you, it's not as hot either.