Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaB View Post
Melissa, Just wondering if you were secluded in the Intimate package? It looked like you were. Did you see others around? How long were you at Las Caletas?
Yeah we had our own private area and Brad did a great job keeping anyone who wasnt supposed to be ther out. We actually never really say anyone except on the boat. It was very quite and private. There was a nice private area for the ceremony and dinner as well. There was also space if you wanted to dance. I wish I would have known that before hand they were giving us sound equipment though and I would have brought more music to dance to. I bascially just put together ceremony music so we recycled the same songs over again sad.gif Also, we did get to use the suite to get ready but you are definatley rushed in order to get everything started on time. Other than that everything was great and I couldnt have asked for anything better.
Oh, and Franco is a great photographer and is really laid back. We opted for the basic package w/o prints and just got a Cd. He shot 75 images and we were able to pick 25 w/o extra charge. He usually charges more for his work but we got him for the basic package price. You wont be disapointed.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkiss View Post
It was Lindsay (Feb14bride) that had the green arch - wondering what that is called... love it, adds some colour. If anyone knows please tell me!
And also wondering if it costs extra as the bamboo chuppa does.
That was the palm arch. I had it for mine, it was nice and added a pop of color. It was included in the intimate package.

Quote:
Jamy,
I didn't realize an exta 1/2 hour was an option. I thought it was by the hour with one hour being the minimum. I saw that it is $10 per person per hour with I believe a minimum of $300. How did you get 1/2 hour? Did you pay $5 per person? Sorry I'm being so nosy!!
No problem! We had an extra hour at $10/head, but totally worth every penny.

Quote:
Ah, stupid me. I just had to back up a couple reviews. It was Jamie who had Roberto's daughter taking the pictures. Was Roberto ill that day?

Which LC wedding did Franco shoot? It must have been Melissa's by default!!
It was Roberto Aceve's daughter, Erika who did our wedding. J

Quote:
Jamie,
Awesome pictures. Did you and your hubby go over on the earlier catamaran? Was Franco Gonzalez your photographer? (you may have already responded to this so I apologize in advance). Someone on this forum mentioned the photographer's daughter shooting the pictures. I wonder why? I assume she is also a professional photographer and everyone's pictures of Las Caletas have been amazing which eases my mind!!
Was Brad the officiant? Do you have any special tips for future LC brideshuh.gif
I went over with my three bridesmaids in the morning; which was great! I was in the ocean until three in the afternoon! My husband went over with everyone at 4pm; no problems. Brad was our officiant and he was great. SOooo easy and comfortable. My one piece of advice is don't get caught up in too many details...the environment is beautiful, take a breath and look around on your way down the aisle. It is the best moment of your life, try to take it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feb14Bride View Post
The package you get for your wedding includes the use of the professional sound system, and they have all of the connectors/wires/everything to hook up to your ipod...it worked really well for us!

Lindsay
thats cool to know. my husband has an ipod. do the staff hook up the i pod for you. i dont have one so i dont know how it works friday.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellibean View Post
i keep hearing about the bridal suite and seeing pics of it.
is there a place for the groom to hang out? does anyone have pics of the groom's suite?
There is an area above where the dinner is held that my groom & gms were taken to when they arrived so they could change. It's a covered, open-air area overlooking the beach with some chairs, hammocks, and a bathroom. If yours is going to be there all day though, I don't believe there is an enclosed area like the casita for them. But there are tons of places to get some quiet and relax, even when the day tour is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellibean View Post
i keep hearing about the bridal suite and seeing pics of it.
is there a place for the groom to hang out? does anyone have pics of the groom's suite?
Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
There is an area above where the dinner is held that my groom & gms were taken to when they arrived so they could change. It's a covered, open-air area overlooking the beach with some chairs, hammocks, and a bathroom. If yours is going to be there all day though, I don't believe there is an enclosed area like the casita for them. But there are tons of places to get some quiet and relax, even when the day tour is there.
Jamy beat me to it - that's exactly what I was going to say. Typically the groom goes over later with all of the guests - though I know there was someone on here that had their groom and some buddies go over with the ladies in the morning. Marisa maybe?

And yes, it's 3 free total - I think I had like 7 people and just had to pay for the extra girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
Jamy beat me to it - that's exactly what I was going to say. Typically the groom goes over later with all of the guests - though I know there was someone on here that had their groom and some buddies go over with the ladies in the morning. Marisa maybe?

And yes, it's 3 free total - I think I had like 7 people and just had to pay for the extra girls.
well one of the girls got back to me about doing the vow renewal thing. so far i know i cant get a fire dancer and will have to do the night package which is seeing that night show. i emailed her to find out if i can come out earlier but i dont have a clue what is going to happen. i asked her about what time will my vow renewal begin? if its late then it is back to the drawing board because i am not down for a night ceremonythatswck.gif im keeping my fingers cross in finding out the answer is what i hoping to hear.

I'm sure this question has already been answered but I'm unsure so I will ask it again. I'm in the midst of looking at my photography options. At the moment I have reserved the photographer that Adventure weddings uses for Las Caletas. But I still want to explore my other options. Does any one know which photographer Adventure weddings use?