Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyb View Post

Another question I have is about the hairstylist that they use that cost $220 I think that's alot but I am also thinking it might just be worth it. Did any of you girls use him? Would it be worth it?
I was just married at LC. I did use Fernando and Hugo. I did price compare, $220 was much cheaper than when I checked with other stylists in the area. It is typically pretty high because they have to come out to LC. Doing dry runs with some others was also very expensive.

Also, they do makeup which is included in the price. My BMs didnt use them, but it would have only been $80 for hair and makeup for them.

I decided a few weeks before because I didnt really know what I was going to do with my hair and then when I tried my dress on a few weeks before the wedding, I didnt feel like a bride. I felt like me in a wedding dress. I was going to put my own flowers in and pull it partially back, but I couldnt get it firmly into a perfect style.

So I decided to bite the bullet and do it. I brought 4 pictures of a friend of mine, and they did a decent job replicating. It is worth it IMO.

One thing I mentioned on another thread. I was so busy and stressed that day, I just wanted to be done with hair and makeup, and I didnt take as active of a role as maybe I should have. They used a bronze eyeliner and a few swipes of mascara, whic did look nice. But, they would have no way to know that I use pretty intense black eyeliner and love big fat lashes! So this was very pretty and probably more in line with wedding makeup, but I look at pics now and wish I had put more mascara on. So while they are great, make sure you know your own habits and relax enough to take a minute to be sure you look like yourself. These guys dont know you, and dont have a chance to do a dry run.

Hope that helps.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Las Caletas brides... I will be very brief because we are still away and I only came on to look for some other information but thought I would report that the wedding was fabulous, Vista Grill as a rehearal dinner site is to die and our guests were blown away, Kelley is absolute perfection, and Nathaniel Thompson not only an amazing photographer but seriously the coolest person you could possibly imagine to have hanging out with you for a few days at your wedding (as was his assistant Norm!) I will definitely add more later but am off to enjoy the mini moon portion of our trip at the incredible Casa de Mita...Will be happy to provide additional information later as this wedding would not have been possible without the help of all of you on this forum so thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazoop View Post
Hello Las Caletas brides... I will be very brief because we are still away and I only came on to look for some other information but thought I would report that the wedding was fabulous, Vista Grill as a rehearal dinner site is to die and our guests were blown away, Kelley is absolute perfection, and Nathaniel Thompson not only an amazing photographer but seriously the coolest person you could possibly imagine to have hanging out with you for a few days at your wedding (as was his assistant Norm!) I will definitely add more later but am off to enjoy the mini moon portion of our trip at the incredible Casa de Mita...Will be happy to provide additional information later as this wedding would not have been possible without the help of all of you on this forum so thank you!
Yay! congrats Julia...glad to hear all is going so well!

I can't wait for you to return with all of the details and pics!! oh, and also some details on Casa de Mita, we have been looking into going there for our minimoon too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweekley View Post
Hey guys. I'm not sure whether or not this has been posted in the past but how did you schedule/contact Fernando to see if he's available? I know Nicole is insanely busy so I like to leave her alone when possible so I'd love to get the info. here.
I went through Kelley. They work really closely with Fernando so I'm sure Nicole would be happy to book it for you. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazoop View Post
Congrats Julia!!! So glad to hear everything went so smoothly. Enjoy the rest of your time down there and I can't wait to hear more when you get back!! :)

I've been a bad LC moderator lately, my life is complete chaos right now! But I did want to post all of the recent weddings (sorry, girls!), as well as the ones I have coming up ...

jessicaprochnow (Jessica) ~ January, 2009 (nt sure of date)

halef1 (Heather) ~ Sunday, January 11, 2009

k317chi ~ Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kati ~ Monday, January 19, 2009

Pazoop (Julia) ~ Tuesday, January 20, 2009

emmashea (Emily) ~ Sunday, February 01, 2009 (not sure of date)

lindseyb ~ Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hello LC brides! We've been back for almost a week now and the reality of being home has set in as we're being hit with our second winter storm of the week. I am definitely missing the sun and sand of PV!

Our LC wedding was magical and I've posted a brief review of our vendors (Dreams Hotel, Vista Grill and Las Caletas) along with some non-pro pics here -

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t36195

I also shared my amazing experience working with Nathaniel Thompson in the bride referral.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t36187

He was fabulous and I have my wedding slideshow to share to show you!!! (TTD pics coming soon!) I know how much I always looked forward to LC wedding photos so I've wasted no time getting them up. I've already watched it several times since I woke up this morning!

John and Julia's Wedding at Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta by Nathaniel Thompson Photography

Julia that was AMAZING! I totally teared up!

I do love the LC photos thank you for sharing with us! you were a stunning bride! Did you do you your own hair or have the hair guy that LC can provide?

Also, did your hubby go over to LC for the day? it looked like you guys had the chance to take a lot of pics before the ceremony?

Congratulations! thanks again for sharing! smile03.gif